Peregrine and Owner reunited...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belzelbub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
...after the Peregrine spent a year underwater.

Saw this posted by SW yesterday. I do wish they would have shared the dive profile up until the battery ran out.

Saw this posted by SW yesterday. I do wish they would have shared the dive profile up until the battery ran out.

How terrible!!! Cheap components. One would think that for a dive computer that's overpriced they would use better quality straps but no they don't.

How terrible!!! Cheap components. One would think that for a dive computer that's overpriced they would use better quality straps but no they don't.
That's one way to look at it. Per the story, it was in rough seas when returning to the boat. I'm betting it got caught on something. Pretty sure that would test most straps. I know you are just poking at SW. The Peregrine is not all that expensive compared to other full color computers. The ones I saw that were cheaper look even cheaper, and I bet the same would happen.

I wonder, though, if the other companies would have gone through the effort of trying to get it back to the owner.

One other thing. The Peregrine also comes with shock cord to use as a strap. That may have fared better as you could have two independent straps.

That's one way to look at it. Per the story, it was in rough seas when returning to the boat. I'm betting it got caught on something. Pretty sure that would test most straps. I know you are just poking at SW. The Peregrine is not all that expensive compared to other full color computers. The ones I saw that were cheaper look even cheaper, and I bet the same would happen.

My guess is that when she finally got on the ladder, one of the rungs slide between her wrist and the strap. If the strap was not tight enough and if she hit the ladder just right in rough seas, that can easily happen. It could have happened to a Garmin or ScubaPro just as easily. I've seen the straps on those computers, and they are not any higher quality than Shearwaters Peregrine straps.

Wonder how much deco had accumulated at that point!

Back
Top Bottom