Perdix Silicone cover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am vaguely aware that some members on SB use the Perdix. So, I thought I would ask if any of you are using the silicone cover and if it adds any protection? Does it hinder operation? Is it more personalization than function? What are your thoughts?

I have used the silicon covers for years on my Perdix and they do a good job of protecting the outer case and bezel from scratches. They do not hinder the operation of the computer. I tried the expensive aluminum cover and found that they scratch and look crappy after a while and I do not like how they are attached. I do use the aluminum cover on my Teric backup computer mainly because there is no good silicon one made that works well for the Teric.
Just my $0.02

Oh no not another Shearwater silicone sleeve thread!

I'm staying out of this one.

:popcorn:

Hey I wear my perdix bolted to my console on my chest and use it as my squeezing gauge
So I squeeze through sqeezy bits and If I can't squeeze through on the way back I unclip it

364 26232328_1795887217119559_5507116560859510058_oa.jpg

Yeah so it's a bit scratched up and I've knocked a few edges off and it's a bit rounder now but it works and it's

Hey I wear my perdix bolted to my console on my chest and use it as my squeezing gauge
So I squeeze through sqeezy bits and If I can't squeeze through on the way back I unclip it

View attachment 801299

Yeah so it's a bit scratched up and I've knocked a few edges off and it's a bit rounder now but it works and it's

Love that song!

I am vaguely aware that some members on SB use the Perdix. So, I thought I would ask if any of you are using the silicone cover and if it adds any protection? Does it hinder operation? Is it more personalization than function? What are your thoughts?
Recently got this one and it works well. Computer operates as it did without it.

I will remember to search in the future! I now understand why Papaw doesn’t want to play! Haven’t decided yet if I want the bling and any subsequent protection it might add. Thanks for the replies!

I will remember to search in the future! I now understand why Papaw doesn’t want to play! Haven’t decided yet if I want the bling and any subsequent protection it might add. Thanks for the replies!
It's ok, in 6 months, someone will ask about it again and it might gain traction and be debated again.

and I'll get another chance to play a video

Imagine if Hey Ya! was the battle cry for the marines army navy airforce then no one would have to go anywhere

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom