Shearwater Perdix 2 Silicone protective frame?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCrecdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Should I get one of those silicone bumper cases for my black titanium Perdix 2? It's in excellent shape and I'm the kind of person who doesn't like scuffs on my gadgets. 😂
Do they work? Any downsides? Which ones you have good/bad experience with?

I have one for my Perdix AI. Bought it off of Amazon. Works great.

Only downside I’ve seen is slight. Needs to be moved out of the way when changing the battery. It’s flexible enough that I don’t need disconnect bungees, so not really a downside.

Just make sure to pull it down when rinsing. Works great.

I have one.. I like like it for what its worth.

I have one for my Perdix AI. Bought it off of Amazon. Works great.

Only downside I’ve seen is slight. Needs to be moved out of the way when changing the battery. It’s flexible enough that I don’t need disconnect bungees, so not really a downside.
So it can be pulled down without moving the straps or bungie.? Are they all like that? If not, do you mind posting the link to the one you got?
Thanks.

So it can be pulled down without moving the straps or bungie.? Are they all like that? If not, do you mind posting the link to the one you got?
Thanks.
Yes, it can. It is pretty secure, but can be mostly removed without undoing the bungee. Straps would be even easier as you could slide it to the buckles.

SHAMROCK HEALTH Silicone...

Thanks.
I've seen 2 kinds on Amazon. For the bumper to be easily pulled away for rinsing and battery exchange I guess you need to go with one where the straps or bungees are routed on only ONE side of the bumper . The more expensive product from skullfish with bungee/strap routing on both sides wouldn't be easily pulled down is my guess.
I ordered this one here, bungee/strap routing on one side only. https://a.co/d/jhxApyt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom