Perdix AI xmitter wrench size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chilly_Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
the doc says it’s a 5/8th, though it’s clearly not. It’s more like a hair under 17mm. Anyone else notice this?

sure it isn't a hair over? There is no imperial wrench that is a hair under 17mm. It goes from 5/8 to 11/16 which is just over 17mm. 5/8 is a smidgen under 16mm. Nothing between them.

Shearwater buys from PPS and the PPS transmitters are all 5/8". @lynnpartridge may be able to clarify, but it should be 5/8".

These just go on snug, so a small adjustable wrench should be fine. No real risk of rounding it off unless you crank it on there

That’s what’s really weird. 5/8th isn’t even close, yet a 7mm is a touch larger. I even bought a caliper to measure it since it was driving me nuts.

sure it isn't a hair over? There is no imperial wrench that is a hair under 17mm. It goes from 5/8 to 11/16 which is just over 17mm. 5/8 is a smidgen under 16mm. Nothing between them.

Shearwater buys from PPS and the PPS transmitters are all 5/8". @lynnpartridge may be able to clarify, but it should be 5/8".

These just go on snug, so a small adjustable wrench should be fine. No real risk of rounding it off unless you crank it on there

17mm cone wrenches work perfectly for me! 5/8" as indicated in the manual is clearly a typo!
A cone wrench, great idea. Also much cheaper than a scuba branded tool. Thanks!

A cone wrench, great idea. Also much cheaper than a scuba branded tool. Thanks!
...and the cone wrenches are thin so they are perfect to tighten the transmitter onto the regulator. Regular hex/adjustable wrenches were too thick to fit on my T3!

I used: (from Amazon)
Channellock 6SWCB Slim Jaw Adjustable Wrench, WideAzz Jaw Opening of 1.34" and Code Blue Grip for Comfort, 6"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom