Shearwater Perdix AI - Pressure sensor problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JW59

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Perdix AI and after 718 dives it seems that the pressure sensor is faulty. Yesterday it wouldn't read depth. Everything else works but without depth there is no tissue loading so that presents problems! Anyone else had this same issue?

Thanks!

Sounds like a call to Shearwater is in order. Their service is great, so you should be good.

Contact the local Shearwater repair centre.

If you're in southeast England (Kent?), then it's Narked@90 who do some excellent service.

Call Ivan at Shearwater and he'll have you sorted out in no time
I have a Perdix AI and after 718 dives it seems that the pressure sensor is faulty. Yesterday it wouldn't read depth. Everything else works but without depth there is no tissue loading so that presents problems! Anyone else had this same issue?

Thanks!

Thanks!
@JW59 -- do you have an update on this? Did Shearwater sort it out for you?

I would expect it was replaced. As I've stated elsewhere, I sold my regular Perdix to someone where the pressure sensor failed after a couple dives. Despite being bought used and around 6 or 7 years old, Shearwater replaced it free of charge. You can't top that kind of customer service. They truly stand behind their product.

Update: With just 12 days to go before my trip to Indonesia I contacted Shearwater's repair team and sent them the Perdix. They turned it around immediately upon receipt with just a small charge to get it fixed and even upgraded parts. And I live clear across the country from them. I received it back with plenty of time to spare. You can't ask for better service than that!

You can't ask for better service than that!
Only because you're in north America. EU service sucks, takes forever and is pretty pricey. I never really missed dives due to gear issues... until I bought a petrel. Never had to wait as long to get any piece of dive gear fixed.

Only because you're in north America. EU service sucks, takes forever and is pretty pricey. I never really missed dives due to gear issues... until I bought a petrel. Never had to wait as long to get any piece of dive gear fixed.
UK and European service is amazingly good from Narked@90

Back
Top Bottom