Perdix AI AA Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Batteries plus stocks safts. They are $15(ish) each

Energizer lithiums are the way to go.

SAFT's are a waste of money. They last forever but the cost on them and the risk of getting a counterfeit is far too high. Eneloops are perfectly fine, you just have to replace them a bit more often.

Interesting thread. I just bought a Perdix AI and Swift Transmitter. Alkaline batts, especially Duracell are like ticking time bombs and have ruined too many things I have put them in. I was going to use Eneloops, but if someone has a link for the SAFT LS14500, please immortalize it here. Also, if anyone knows of a video on how to use all the features of the Perdix that would be helpful too.

SAFT's are a waste of money. They last forever but the cost on them and the risk of getting a counterfeit is far too high. Eneloops are perfectly fine, you just have to replace them a bit more often.

Eneloops it is then.

of note, if you use a lot of 18650's, you may want to get a 14500 lithium rechargeable since it can be in the same charger at the same time. Small benefit if you travel a lot so you don't have to bring a dedicated charger and/or have to do 2x charging cycles since most chargers will recognize nimh and liion automatically.

Also, if anyone knows of a video on how to use all the features of the Perdix that would be helpful too.
There’s a thread on here somewhere asking about how people configure their bottom (or center) row for options. Unlike most dive computer manuals, the Perdix manual(s) are actually pretty good. It does a good job of laying out the menu functions. One caveat, the manual lags a bit compared to the firmware, so there may be new features that aren’t mentioned in the manual.

For me, I use my Perdix AI in rec mode, as I prefer that interface. The configurable portions of the bottom row have T1 Pressure, and a custom mini that contains SurfGF, GTR, and TTS.
of note, if you use a lot of 18650's, you may want to get a 14500 lithium rechargeable since it can be in the same charger at the same time. Small benefit if you travel a lot so you don't have to bring a dedicated charger and/or have to do 2x charging cycles since most chargers will recognize nimh and liion automatically.
Most chargers will accept both. I use 14500s, but had to get a new charger. The charger I had for 18650s was too large. The 14500 charger, however, is also compatible with the 18650s, though.

And lo and behold, Shearwater appears to have updated their FAQ web page (scroll to "What type of batteries can I use in the Perdix?") since the time I posted the excerpt. The section that had previously included Alkaline batteries as one option has been revised to omit mention of Alkalines.

I have been using the Energizer Ultimate photo lithium non-rechargeable for the past few months as a result of this discussion.

I use the Energizer Lithiums in both Perdix as well as both transmitters. I dive the cold water they’re recommended for, plus I can get them just about anywhere.

And lo and behold, Shearwater appears to have updated their FAQ web page (scroll to "What type of batteries can I use in the Perdix?") since the time I posted the excerpt. The section that had previously included Alkaline batteries as one option has been revised to omit mention of Alkalines.
Sort of. Looks like they did a Find/Replace to find instances of “alkaline” and replace with “3.7V Li-Ion”. Apart from stores like Batteries Plus, you are unlikely to find 3.7V Li-Ion batteries in stores around the world.

Short Answer:​

While almost any kind of AA sized battery works with your Shearwater Perdix, the standard 3.7V Li-Ion battery (the type found in stores around the world) works best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom