People get ready, there's a storm a comin'...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only things that can possibly upset RatCat is the smell of tuna in the house and none in her bowl, the dreaded cat eating vaccuum cleaner (especially if my son is using it), and not having enough foo-foo in the closet to last her at least a month. She writes the SPCA at least once a month with a list of grievances.

Thanks for sharing your family with us. Nice pics.

NetDoc:
Well now I know what it's like to be without power for 64 hours! :D
Nice to see you're back and that everything is alright. Good thing you returned when you did. With no fearless leader I was afraid we might have looters!

Thanks Pete!

I should rephrase my post to be more representative of my whole family - We're alive!

Also, had I not been required to be at work today, I would not be here at the moment.. I'd still be out cleaning. We got power back yesterday about noon (almost exactly 72 hours), phone showed up somewhere along the way, cable/i-net is to be in the next few days.. :)

I'll post a link to a page I'm literally throwing together of some pix of my neighborhood and my grams. I don't need to post what the roads and street signs look like, ya'll have seen enough of that on the news.

note: I am VERY impressed at the speed at which our utility companies, National Guard, and elected officials have put recovery plans into action. Its unfortunate that some around here forget that and have done some very vulgar things (looting of the personal lockers at a fire station for instance) and put a little shadow on things. I hope that all the smiles, thumbs up, and literally saying "THANK YOU" to these individuals who have come down here into harms way to assist (from so many of us who are trying to stay out of their way) has helped offset some of that.

At work this morning, we have power to some outlets, so computers are up, and fans can be plugged in, but most are working under lamp or natural light with no AC - nice to stick to the chair! :wink:

CBulla:
note: I am VERY impressed at the speed at which our utility companies, National Guard, and elected officials have put recovery plans into action.
Lessons from Andrew. It took 3 days for any outside help to arrive. Nobody believed it was that bad...thought Miami was a bunch of whiners. sheesh!

Jenny, don't be so harsh...I drove down Kendall Drive December after Andrew, and the steel light poles on the Publix parking lot at Kendall and 107th Ave were bent like fingers, not to mention, no lights, and no street signs, so finding your way around was like shooting an ILS with the localizer needle out.

Colin, Simon, glad to know you're still with us!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom