Pelham,Al. 12/09/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mulefeathers:
What type of contract work do yo do?

The job I was contracted with was for ID badges. I'm certified on DataCard and Fargo printers and DataCard software. (These printers range from 2000 and up from there. Most expensive one I've worked on was 12,000.)

Also I do computer work. IT stuff in general. Anything from replacing a drive to setting up a 100+ node network. E-mail server, web servers, and firewalls (including vpns). I used to service residential, but I wasn't making enough to justify the driving after the gas prioces sky rocketed.

Other then that, I'll do most anything for money. :)

Michael

mike_s:
When I got laid off, my boss called me at either 3am or 4am because he had just gotten to town and he wanted to make sure I would come to the office the next day. (I was off the next day). Then he had the balls to ask if I'd be there at 8am because he wanted to get home earlier from being on travel. (I didn't show up till almost 11am...... what was he going to do? fire me? heh :D )

Hilarious. I would've strolled in after lunch with a full belly and asked him if he'd had lunch yet. hehe My old boss was paranoid anyways. Kinda creepy, but that's a different story all together.

I do have one really good job possibility in the works. A friend of mine said his company is about to hire someone. A guy that works up there just put in his two weeks notice. So hopefully I get an interview and the job.

Michael

Great to meet Lone Frogman, Corallinedream and Snepdiver at Blue Water this weekend. Sorry I could not stick around for the apres dive happenings. I understand Mat finally made it to the Hooters in Pelham for dinner.

Howard

Yeah, I ended up not getting there until ~3PM due to car issues with my ride up. Once we got it sorted out, we made it up, I test drove a few cars, and bought the newest/least mileage of the what I was interested in, then hit up Hooters for dinner.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Yeah, I ended up not getting there until ~3PM due to car issues with my ride up. Once we got it sorted out, we made it up, I test drove a few cars, and bought the newest/least mileage of the what I was interested in, then hit up Hooters for dinner.

I suppose the wings were just fine! :wink:

mwhities:
Hilarious. I would've strolled in after lunch with a full belly and asked him if he'd had lunch yet. hehe My old boss was paranoid anyways. Kinda creepy, but that's a different story all together.

Well.... some of my co-workers (that don't work for that boss) took me out for a 2 hour lunch pretty soon after I got there.... So he got stuck there till the middle of the afternoon. ahhhhh... poor thing.

(again, what was he going to do? fire me? :rofl3: )

philmottrek99and02:
I suppose the wings were just fine! :wink:

They have wings? I did not know that you could get anything but breasts there. :rofl3:
It was aslo good to meet you philmottrek99and02 as well as lone frogman.

Diving was great. Water temp 59 degrees from surface to 78 feet at least.
I did however cut my second dive short and ended it after only 18 minutes. I was blue. Corralinedream and Lone Frogman finished up for me though. Vis was a good 35-40 ft.

Surf was nil.

LOL :)

We had knee-waist high surf today, but slightly better visibility than last time, despite the slightly bigger surf. Thats the gulf for ya. :)

Saturday December 16 looking very promising.

Forecast for Sat:HighLow Saturday:
Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
spacer_trans.gif

71°F
48°F
22°C
9°C

I might be able to handle a couple of dive with temps in the 70's with my current wetsuit.

If Lone Frogman joins us again, he can let you try out that 7mm he mentioned.

In fact, I believe he said he'll be out there Friday. They are suppossed to be opening up by appointment for some tech divers and he was talking about going out there.

If he does, maybe he'll leave it at the shop for you to try out even if he can't dive with us.

Back
Top Bottom