Pelham,Al. 12/09/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

58 dregrees sounds cold, :11:
Anyone have a heater? if so run it over there by tomorrow and maybe it'll be a little nicer.:eyebrow:

OK all jokes aside is a 5mm going to be enough with a hooded vest?

Any good bars in Birmingham that play funky, groovy, jazzy type stuff? :)

JAMIE MCG:
58 dregrees sounds cold, :11:
Anyone have a heater? if so run it over there by tomorrow and maybe it'll be a little nicer.:eyebrow:

OK all jokes aside is a 5mm going to be enough with a hooded vest?

I was diving at Blue Water on Dec 17th last year. The water temp was 57, the air temp was 44. I was the only one diving wet (dry suitors can be so rude with all that pointing :wink: ). I wore a 3 mm vest over a 5mm suit over a 1 mm suit. I also wore a 3 mm hood and gloves. So your 5mm and a hooded vest will probable be enough. But do warm up during the surface interval, i.e. go stand under the heater in the shop.

I agree, you should be fine with the 5mm suit and hooded vest. Don't forget to bring your gloves too. That's about what I'm wearing and I was warm enough last time.

Sounds like we're going to have a pretty good turnout.

So far it looks like: Snepdiver, Myself, SuperBugMan & his buddy, Lone Frogman, Jamie MCG, Philmotrek99and02. I know a couple of you said it might be later in the day.

I don't think we'll have too much trouble finding each other but for the record, I'll be driving a green dodge dakota extended cab. I'll be there when they open at 9am.
I Look forward to meeting you all.

If I'm able to make it, I'll be in a VW Jetta Wagon... Buddy definately in a Honda Civic(white).

I might be out there....

I will be in a white Ford van with a scuba board sticker in the back window. Do you guys go out for lunch or bring one?

Lunch? Good questions. I might just go out. I will probably bring some snacks. Who knows. Who knows what I will be driving. Maybe gray Honda Civic. Maybe gray Escape. I will be near the green Dakota though. Looking forward to it.

As much as I would like to come and was actually going to, I just recently lost my job. It was a contracting job, so I was disposable. Go figure. So, I will not be diving until I can get a fulll time job and/or another year + contract. I'm so glad he decided to do this after he found out I had a baby on the way, bought a new car for the wife, and I was on a cruise. (I had an e-mail waiting for me, how prefessional!)

So please do a lot of diving for me. :|

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom