Pelham,Al. 12/09/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you say Hooters? I have heard that SBM enjoys Hooters. No pun intended.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. It was a good one.

Here is the latest forecast for Saturday:

HighLow Saturday:
Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 30s.
spacer_trans.gif
53°F
30°F
12°C
-1°

It still looks good to me. As long as there is no wind I think we will be OK during SI.

CorallineDream:
Michael sorry to hear that but don't get discouraged. Remember when one door closes, another has already opened for you. You have to press on!
Wish you could make it. We'll try to take some pictures for ya.

Happy Birthday Snepdiver & Happy (belated) Birthday SBM.

On lunch, I always bring a handful of snacks to munch on between dives. There are several places just around the corner. Maybe we could grab a bite later in the day when we finish up if anyone's interested. There's a Hooters, Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday and a Mexican Place and probably several other ones closeby.

No problem. I figure everything happens for a reason. That's the way He designed everything anyways.

Good report and pics! That's what I want. :wink:

Michael

Frankc420 and I ate there after our OW check out dives. Great place to eat. nice view too! :wink:

Michael

Ok. Let's get a headcount of everyone who will definitely be diving Bluewater Saturday 12/9/06 and what time you will be arriving.

For those not diving, we hope you can come by later in the afternoon and say hello. Maybe we can all get together and warm up at one of the local restaurants after we finish up.

Snepdiver & I will definitely be there getting setup around 9AM. Probably won't get wet till around 10:30. I'd say we'll probably do about 3 dives.

The forecasted high is 53F with sunshine all day and winds calm at 1 - 3 mph. Air will be chilly during setup but should warm up by noon to around 47F. The water will be much warmer than the air temperature. I anticipate bottom temps between 54F - 58F. They were 62F two weeks ago so probably have dropped a few degrees. The guys at bluewater say that temps usually stablize around 52F-54F top to bottom during the coldest months.

See you there!

I'll try to meet up with you guys for sure, no diving for me unfortunately... atleast until Sunday when I'm back home.

mwhities:
As much as I would like to come and was actually going to, I just recently lost my job. It was a contracting job, so I was disposable. Go figure. So, I will not be diving until I can get a fulll time job and/or another year + contract. I'm so glad he decided to do this after he found out I had a baby on the way, bought a new car for the wife, and I was on a cruise. (I had an e-mail waiting for me, how prefessional!)

So please do a lot of diving for me. :|

Michael

What type of contract work do yo do?

mwhities:
As much as I would like to come and was actually going to, I just recently lost my job. It was a contracting job, so I was disposable. Go figure. So, I will not be diving until I can get a fulll time job and/or another year + contract. I'm so glad he decided to do this after he found out I had a baby on the way, bought a new car for the wife, and I was on a cruise. (I had an e-mail waiting for me, how prefessional!)

So please do a lot of diving for me. :|

Michael

When I got laid off, my boss called me at either 3am or 4am because he had just gotten to town and he wanted to make sure I would come to the office the next day. (I was off the next day). Then he had the balls to ask if I'd be there at 8am because he wanted to get home earlier from being on travel. (I didn't show up till almost 11am...... what was he going to do? fire me? heh :D )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom