Passing gas affecting buoyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A related question. If you find yourself in a decompression chamber with an 100% O2 environment, is farting a combustion hazard?

A related question. If you find yourself in a decompression chamber with an 100% O2 environment, is farting a combustion hazard?

You need an ignition source. You would only have two of the three triangle of fire sources. So no.

But I've farted in the shower a few times and nearly killed myself. I'd guess a chamber would make this 10x worse....

You need an ignition source. You would only have two of the three triangle of fire sources. So no.

But I've farted in the shower a few times and nearly killed myself. I'd guess a chamber would make this 10x worse....

....And if you were in a chamber wearing a "fighter pilot mask" (so you could breathe the pure O2)-it would be the poor "attendant" who would have to suffer.

I've ridden an altitude chamber many times. I can tell you it always stinks in there. But then the atmospheres are going down not up as in a decompression chamber. It is funny to watch the ladies faces who are not normally accustom to "self-off-gassing" ala Blazing Saddles

Nobody has mentioned the experience of having a personal Jacuzzi when farting in a wet suit at depth. But beware an Indian curry the night before can produce some near sharts :shocked2:

Nobody has mentioned the experience of having a personal Jacuzzi when farting in a wet suit at depth. But beware an Indian curry the night before can produce some near sharts :shocked2:

OMG!! not the deadly shart attack!

Most specialized freediving agencies claim that farting through a snorkel might be fatal. Positioning a snorkel in a manner that would facilitate that act is part of the ritual required of all new members.

Most specialized freediving agencies claim that farting through a snorkel might be fatal. Positioning a snorkel in a manner that would facilitate that act is part of the ritual required of all new members.

Is that one of those new-fangled "free-rebreathers"?

deep-sea-diving-diving-beans-demotivational-posters-1332264557.jpg
you might want to keep this one away from pure O2.... and any sharp objects

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom