Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NEW YORK (CNN) -- After canceling nearly a quarter of its weekend flights, JetBlue said Monday that it will extend widespread cancellations, but said it plans to announce its own customer "Bill of Rights" after facing severe criticism from a Valentine's Day ice storm that snarled operations at its main hub in New York."

NO, they are offering to POLICE themselves and penalize themselves, which you must know will not be servere. They should not be allowed to set their own standards.

DandyDon:
I don't think it was JetBlue offering the Bill of Rights, but the news story referencing the one already being requested....

But there's good news for this airline...

I often pay more to fly Continental rather than American, and I'd certainly be willing to pay more to avoid this company...!

Ah, ok - over read that...TY!

I can see the Ceo's approach. He & his managers screwed up royally, their feet are being held to the fire, so they're volunteering their own watered down version of passengers' rights to throw a bone to the screaming pack. Good business ploy, altho a waste of paper to print it out, I'll bet.

DandyDon:
I can see the Ceo's approach. He & his managers screwed up royally, their feet are being held to the fire, so they're volunteering their own watered down version of passengers' rights to throw a bone to the screaming pack. Good business ploy, altho a waste of paper to print it out, I'll bet.

eggs sackly:rofl3:

They are just trying to minimize the damage because Congress is going to act whether some of us appove or not

pilot fish:
This raises an interesting legal question: are you within your rights to do that, since confinment without relief for 7, 11 hours is cruel and unusual? My instincts tell me you are not, but I would want to do that, might do that, and argue the case afterwards. I would not sit quietly and not vigorously look for relief from this illegal detention.

I don't know what I would do if that happend to me. I hope I never have to find out. But the other day on some interview on the news. some FAA guy said if you tried to exit the plane, you would face 20 years in jail. Something to do with homeland security act. I wonder if you could press criminal charges against the pilot and flight crew for kidnapping and forced confinement? That would be an interesting approach. At a minimum, it would get somebody's attention.

Misplaced Priority:
I don't know what I would do if that happend to me. I hope I never have to find out. But the other day on some interview on the news. some FAA guy said if you tried to exit the plane, you would face 20 years in jail. Something to do with homeland security act. I wonder if you could press criminal charges against the pilot and flight crew for kidnapping and forced confinement? That would be an interesting approach. At a minimum, it would get somebody's attention.

If a passenger thought he smelled smoke or gas, it would be insane not to implement safety measures. Evacuation of the plane via emergency exits would appear to be reasonable.

tonka97:
If a passenger thought he smelled smoke or gas, it would be insane not to implement safety measures. Evacuation of the plane via emergency exits would appear to be reasonable.
Oh well, no problem, as no way I'm sitting on the runway for 11 hours without a smoke.
cool-smiley-027.gif

I guess I can still post here from jail...??

No....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom