Panama City Beach Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaPT:
Oh, you must be my twin then, except change balding to just plain ole bald.

Great. now i have someone to blame things on...

Rookie_J:
Great. now i have someone to blame things on...

My buddy kyle that is coming with us has a shaved head, and of course seayoda doesn't have alot of hair on top. There might be more guys with bald/shaved heads down there than not.. :)

Matt

Corigan:
My buddy kyle that is coming with us has a shaved head, and of course seayoda doesn't have alot of hair on top. There might be more guys with bald/shaved heads down there than not.. :)

Matt

maybe we could get "Hair Club for Men" to sponsor the dive?

SCUBADIVINERIK:
I will be down sometime Friday nite? What time are ya'll nite diving...if you are?

From the looks of things I think we might be just trying to get a night dive in on Sat. night. We will be rolling in late friday night as well. I need to call the State Park and make arrangements to show up really late. It's a 6 hr drive or so for us from where I am, and I am not going to get to leave here until 6 pm or so EST. I would like to have gotten a night dive in on Friday, but my buddy Kyle has never dove there. I don't want to take him down to an unfamiliar site for a night dive. Of course after he dives it Sat. morning he will have an idea of the site so we can dive it Sat. night. Looking forward to diving with and meeting some new people that I haven't met before.

On another note I have my head buzzed down pretty low, and I know SuprBugMan does as well. Maybe we should have hair club for men come on out.. :)

Matt

Corigan:
We will be rolling in late friday night as well. I need to call the State Park and make arrangements to show up really late.

Just call 'em and tell them that you will show up after 5pm (you will need to tell them your reservation number I believe) and they will give you the key combo to the gate at the park. Just punch it in and the gate will open for you. Just check in at the ranger house the next morning and they will give you your car pass to put on the dash or hang from your mirror.

Rolled in several times last year after 9:00pm to camp there.

Jeremy

How are the campgrounds setup? By campsites? Or do you setup wherever you want? Can we setup on the beach? :D

I haven't reserved for camping Saturday night, should I? If so, anyone have the number offhand? :wink:

Corigan:
On another note I have my head buzzed down pretty low, and I know SuprBugMan does as well. Maybe we should have hair club for men come on out.. :)

Atleast some of us are nearly bald intentionally :wink:

Rookie_J:
maybe we could get "Hair Club for Men" to sponsor the dive?

Nah, hair is really over rated. It gets in your eyes when trying to work, you have to take the time to dry it in the mornings. It is so much easier to just buff your head each day. The money I save on shampoo goes toward diving.

SuPrBuGmAn:
How are the campgrounds setup? By campsites? Or do you setup wherever you want? Can we setup on the beach? :D

I haven't reserved for camping Saturday night, should I? If so, anyone have the number offhand? :wink:

Atleast some of us are nearly bald intentionally :wink:

The reservations are at www.reserveamerica.com, you will have to register (free) first. You then pick your state (FL) then the campground (St. Andrews State park) and reserve your campsite from there.

All of the campsites are numbered. They usually all come with both electricity and water hookups. There are showers and restroom facilites as well as laundry areas (washer & dryer setup). There are no camping on the beach and a big FYI...Rangers are all over the place and cops! They will write you a speeding ticket in a "New York second". Be very cautious of your speed at the park. And there is usually alot of foot & Bike traffic too.

Oh, shouldn't be a problem this early in the season but usually the parking at the Jetties gets crowed fast and sometimes I've had to unload the truck at the pavillions, then get my brother to watch the gear, then park on the other side of the parking lot it's been that crowded before.

See everyone Saturday,

Jeremy

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom