Panama City Beach Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being bald is great. No hair to tangle in your mask strap is a wonderfull thing. I should have a fresh shave for the weekend.

SCUBADIVINERIK:
I am on my way from Columbus, GA. BTW I havent reserved anything down there so I will prob attempt to sleep in the truck on the way down. And BTW I spent both my tours overseas bald. Shaved it daily.
Erik

I may be mistaken but if you arrive at the park before they "close" I think you can walk into the ranger station and get a campsite. With tax and such I think I paid a whopping $26.00 per night. Not too shabby!

Jeremy
...not bald but I did get a fresh haircut last night...with the 3 guard!

Last time I camped at Johnson, in Perdido Key, we arrived after closing, they had paperwork you could fill out after dark and you could pay in the morning. I'm assuming all of the FL state parks along the Gulf Coast are like that...

I've reserved campsite 090 in Lagoon Campground. Would be kind of cool to have some good friends close by. I ordered early and it says waterfront in the description. :) I am also going to be bringing down my roadtrip grill and cooking out Sat. night. If anybody wants to bring something to throw on the grill for themselves they are more than welcome to use the grill. It's pretty nice, independant burners and big. It also have a stove attachment and a griddle if required.

Matt

Corigan:
I've reserved campsite 090 in Lagoon Campground. Would be kind of cool to have some good friends close by. I ordered early and it says waterfront in the description. :) I am also going to be bringing down my roadtrip grill and cooking out Sat. night. If anybody wants to bring something to throw on the grill for themselves they are more than welcome to use the grill. It's pretty nice, independant burners and big. It also have a stove attachment and a griddle if required.

Matt

I think I'm down at the Pinegrove at camp 141 or something like that...I would have to look at my reservation printout. The Lagoon Campground is very nice and I've stayed there several times.
...oh, I always bring my appetite everywhere I go. As you may have noticed I'm quite fond on food...maybe too much. Anyway I'm bringing my little propane grill and was thinking of picking up some steaks or fresh fish from one of the markets around and cookin' up something good myself. My little grill is protable so I'll bring it down to your campsite and we can fire 'em up and then chow down.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
...oh, I always bring my appetite everywhere I go. As you may have noticed I'm quite fond on food...maybe too much. Anyway I'm bringing my little propane grill and was thinking of picking up some steaks or fresh fish from one of the markets around and cookin' up something good myself. My little grill is protable so I'll bring it down to your campsite and we can fire 'em up and then chow down.

Sounds like a great plan! Also remember, I travel with a chef.. :)

Matt

I was thinking that with all the ScubaBoarders comming out to PCB and I only know screen names for most of you. What do you all think about hanging a posterboard sign under one of the staging pavillions with the word SCUBABOARD written on it in big black marker?

Jeremy

I went to the Jetties last night to do a night dive, tried to convince myself it was just heat lighting not a storm blowing through. Got all the way down there and we called it, too much lighting, although it made for a beautiful show. The water is this color and I wanted to get in it so bad I stood in the rain watching the lighting storm on the beach, until I saw how close the storm was getting.

So I'm REALLY ready to dive when you guys get here Saturday.

My dive buddy is very familliar with the Jetties (he is a dive master for Divers Den) and I think he will come on a night dive with us Saturday. If anyone gets here in time for a night dive Friday LET ME KNOW! I'm only a few blocks away. 850.258.6584

As far as the hair club goes...I think I make up enough hair for you all. I have reddish, brown shoulder length hair and I go by the name of....you guessed it...Darcy. Real original huh? Plan to meet you guys at 10am around the pavillions near the kiddie pool. I'll look for the Scubaboard sign, sound good?

I don't know anything about the dive shop at the park. I think Divers Den has a boat going out Sunday if anyone is interested....

Great Darcy,
I'm sure that the lightning looked awsome last night over the water. I will be arriving about 6 or 7pm CST to the park. I'm pretty familiar with the Jetties...okay only dove them about 6 times. I may still be up for a night dive Friday too. If it looks promising I will give you a call.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom