Panama City Beach Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darcy,
Hows the water/beach looking? Emerald green?
Last year I drove down at the end of March and I believe that the water was the best I've ever seen it. The sea was as smooth as glass and while I only snorkled, when I went "over the rocks" I could clearly see straight to the bottom.
I drove down again in mid-April and again the water looked the same Extremely clear...again to the bottom.
Later in the year in June I was diving and where earlier (march, april) I could see to the bottom I could only see a couple of boulders down...you know what I mean if anyone has dove the jetties. It was like that the few more trips I made to the Jetties last year.

I'm just getting a little excited about driving down to PCB next Friday.

Jeremy

I may join in on this, if you don't mind. just have to work out the transportation from pensacola. will have to rent tanks and weights, but should'nt be a problem?

so where would everyone meet up & at what time?

sounds like fun :thumb:

Rookie_J:
I may join in on this, if you don't mind. just have to work out the transportation from pensacola. will have to rent tanks and weights, but should'nt be a problem?

so where would everyone meet up & at what time?

sounds like fun :thumb:

Sounds good Rookie, I was going to invite you from your other thread, but thought you were probably set on boat diving. We all are meeting/camping at st. andrews state park. As for time of meeting, Looks like high tide is 9:41 am. So we will want to meet atleast around 8-9. I will be there early. Of course my tide predictions could be off.. :) I may be looking at the wrong tide report..

Anybody know if the store with air fills in the state park is going to be open or if we are going to have to drive down the road for air/gas? I am hoping to possibly get a night dive or two in.. :) A night dive Friday night would be sweet. 12:41 am high tide sat morning, who's up for it?

Hope to see you there,

Matt

Corigan:
Sounds good Rookie, I was going to invite you from your other thread, but thought you were probably set on boat diving.

Matt

i am/was but this sounds like a blast....

A night dive sounds fun. Jesse and I will be driving down Friday afternoon. But don't know when we will actually get there. Sometimes we go strait down with little time to kill and other times we just kinda fart around on the way and make stops in about every town between Griffin and PCB.

If we make it and feel up to it a night dive would be really cool. And I'm game for it.

About the Air fill station...
I called the park and they said that the air fill station is owned by a private individual named Don Rice. They gave me his phone number and I called and talked with him and he said that the Park has just opened the Jettie store last week and he doesn't know if he will be open next weekend or not. He said that he is getting the place cleaned up and ready to open, etc. and to call him Monday and he would let me know something then. He stated that it depended on how much he could get done this weekend in preperation to open the air fill station up.
The closest place I know of from the park to get fills would be PCDC.

Jeremy

I'm pretty sure high tide is at 10:30ishAM Saturday, according to saltwatertides.com - could be a time change issue?

I won't be in until Saturday morning :)

It looks like if Larry joins us it will be for snorkling only. One of his eardrums got blood behind it on his training dive at Vortex. The Doc is making him take lots of sinus meds (that's where the blood came from not his eardrum). Tyler completed his course and Larry will have a little more diving to do when his ear gets better before he gets his c-card.

I'm still planning on being there Saturday.

cant wait to finally do some salt water diving this weekend. a night dive sounds great if we can make it in time on friday. if not we can do one on saturday. this weekend should be great reguardless.

kyle

alright.... rental car sorted, unless something drastically changes, i will be there saturday morning... looking forward to it.

i'll be the 40 year old balding guy with the caffeine stare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom