Panama City Beach Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, guys,
I may try to get one of you to reserve a campsite for us. Hopefully, if all things go as planned, Linda and I will be coming back up from a week of diving in the Keys to meet up with you guys.

scubaPT:
I spoke with the folks at the park and they expect to be really busy during this time period. I am more concerned about the traffic. Driving in PCB is always a PITA and I expect it to be even more so during spring break. I guess the best thing would be to arrive really early, the park opens at 0800. Hopefully the traffic would not be too bad this early.

Jeremy
Maybe we can hook up and ride together.

My brother and I will be camping out sans the wife and g/f! We talked it over during dinner tonight and agreed that it's getting harder and harder each time to make the drive down to PCB and back home in one day.

Allen, if you need a ride and want to camp out on Sat. night let me know. It will be tight but we'll see how much we can fit into my little Protege'. Jesse and I live in Griffin which is off of I-75, south of Atlanta. Let me know if you need to ride down with us.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
Allen, if you need a ride and want to camp out on Sat. night let me know. It will be tight but we'll see how much we can fit into my little Protege'. Jesse and I live in Griffin which is off of I-75, south of Atlanta. Let me know if you need to ride down with us.
Jeremy

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it. I talked my sister into letting my brother in law go. So, if he can get that day off we will be making a 1 day trip. We have done it before, but it does make for a long day. It is amazing the things we are willing to do to go diving. I can't think of anything else I would drive that far in 1 day for. Maybe my wife is right, I am nuts. :439:

scubaPT:
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it. I talked my sister into letting my brother in law go. So, if he can get that day off we will be making a 1 day trip. We have done it before, but it does make for a long day. It is amazing the things we are willing to do to go diving. I can't think of anything else I would drive that far in 1 day for. Maybe my wife is right, I am nuts. :439:

There's no maybe to it we all ARE nuts :monkeydan Just let me know if you need to tag along with Me and Jesse.

Jeremy

I just reserved my campsite at the park for the 11th and the 12th. Looking to dive both days. I believe my new buddy is coming along with me. I reserved the site via reserveamerica.com. Looking forward to some salt water diving,

Matt

Divers Den is open 8-6p Sat-Sun, during the week they open 9-6p. They are my LDS.

We dove the jetties last night and the water Temp was about 56 with 5-10' vis. Full moon out, what a beautiful night.

I'm not sure how Spring Break will be here this year. Most of the cheap hotels that are attractive to the spring breakers have been torn down and replaced by ultra-Gucci condo's, so unless they have daddy's plastic I'm not sure most can afford it. Of course it IS PANAMA CITY BEACH, so you can never tell. St. Andrews should be safe. The warmer it gets the more traffic there is, but we don't have to worry about the snowbirds or spring breakers clogging up the dive sites. Now the waffle shop is a different story.

Either way, bring your beads boys...the jailbait await!

darcy:
...We dove the jetties last night and the water Temp was about 56 with 5-10' vis. Full moon out, what a beautiful night...

56 sounds warm to me after diving low 40's! :nuts: 5-10' vis. You mean my local cold water lake (Lanier) has better vis than the PCB Jetties currently? I sure hope the vis get's better before March 12.

Still looking forward to diving even if 5-10'vis and meeting everyone. And there is always Vortex fall back on in a "worst-case" situation.

Jeremy

The Gulf changes daily, you can have 5-10' vis one day and 2 days later be diving in 30'+ vis :)

Glad you managed to get a dive in during the Presidents Day darcy! Hows about a trip report? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom