Panama City Beach Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Darcy,

Will Spring break be in full tilt by then? I'm hoping it won't be too crazy down there on the weekend of the 12th.

Matt

a quick look over at www.tripsmarter.com on the PCB forums has me thinking that the whole month of March is Sring Break at PCB.

I don't think many of the college kids are going to invade St. Andrews state park though.

Jeremy

Water was in the high 50sºF(as in 57ºF) at the Destin Jeddies Saturday(2/12) - outside temps in the mid 60sF :D

The last few days have had temps raising into the low 70sF and the surf report says the water has warmed(atleast near the surface) to the low 60sF. Currently no surf to worry about - but there is a possibility of it this weekend - I can't comment on the other 3 weeks until your high-tide dates! We had 30-40' of visibilty during our Destin jeddy dive, if the surf comes up and gets big, it can be reduced to 3-4" :) Can't predict visibility in the Gulf!

Spring Break will definately be taking place, stay in the park and don't stray into the city, especially near the beach road, and perhaps you won't get flashed by drunken college students.

I may have to join you guys - but I also may have to mingle with the drunkards up town :wink:

I think I may have spoke too soon about my trip down. Looks like my brothers girlfriend's last day of class is Saturday, March 12. I may have to plan for another weekend not sure yet so all my plans are tentative. Should be able to firm up some dates within the next week and put it in concrete!

Jeremy

JKSteger:
I think I may have spoke too soon about my trip down. Looks like my brothers girlfriend's last day of class is Saturday, March 12. I may have to plan for another weekend not sure yet so all my plans are tentative. Should be able to firm up some dates within the next week and put it in concrete!

Jeremy
Keep me updated. I and my dive club can probably head over for a dip. Ive been wanting to get back out in the jetties. For march Id expect sea temps to still be in the 60s, and air temp the same. Viz you never can tell, but if you hit it at high tide, it should be 50ish.

I'm still interested if people are still going :)

I'm still going...just not sure on the EXACT date yet but should let everyone know by Monday.
If everyone is wanting to go down on the 12th I could just drive down that morning and then drive back that afternoon. I've done it several times before in the past year.
The drive down is not too bad, it's the drive back that the hardest part, I get very tired on the way back. It's about a 4 hour drive from where I live in Georgia.

If the 12th works better for everyone let me know and I will just plan on comming down for the day.

Jeremy

I am still hoping to make it down there for the weekend of the 12th unless everyone else shifts plans. I might even be coming down earlier than that now that I've now missed two weekends of diving in a row due to an ear infection.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom