Panama City Beach Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm only open weekends, work owns me from Mon-Fri... :(

Same thing goes here too. Good thing March 12th is a Saturday!

Funny I was looking at the calender and do you know that every day a date falls on in Feb. it will fall on the same day in March? i.e. Feb 12 was a Saturday...March 12 is a Saturday too.

Let me know if March 12 works for everyone and I will plan to drive down if nothing but the day to do a couple of Jettie Dives.

Jeremy

Works for me :)

I'll probably camp or crash and get in a second day of diving Sunday though :D

I was planning a dive at the Destin Jetties on Saturday the 12th but could easily make a switch to PC Jetties. My friend Larry should be certified by then and he wants to go too.

Awesome, the 12th it is. I plan on camping and diving the 13th as well. I am going to be bringing another buddy and my girlfriend down with me as well. My buddy that I am bringing has been my friend for the past 14 years, and he is getting certified this weekend at rainbow river/blue grotto. He took the plunge and bought all of his gear too, heh. Looks like we have another Looney Bird in the making. I am glad everyone is coming out,

Matt

scubaPT:
Does anyone know how the spring break crowd will be on 3/12?

I'm hearing in full effect. I am just hoping that it isn't too bad in the campgrounds. I just plan on staying in St. Andrews State Park and not really coming out into town.

Matt

scubaPT:
Does anyone know how the spring break crowd will be on 3/12?

Spring break isn't just "one week" anymore as it used to be. All the school systems (college and high school) have it on several different weeks now.

A long time ago, the spring break in Alabama was called AEA week (AEA=Alabama Education Association) and they were all the same week for the whole state. now school systems do it on different weeks. Same thing for colleges. (Alabama at one time I would say was where most of the Panama City Beach spring breakers were from before they became "big").

Due to cheap hotel rooms, easy to drive to, and MTV Live Spring Break type shows, Panama City Beach has also become the Spring Break capital of the world apparantly.... (Also known as the "Redneck Riveria" and the "Girls Gone Wild" typical taping place). Since all the school systems do it on different weeks, I pretty much never stops from about mid March to sometime in April.

Here's a schedule of when what colleges have Spring break for example:
http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm
(of course they don't all come to Panama City)

I spoke with the folks at the park and they expect to be really busy during this time period. I am more concerned about the traffic. Driving in PCB is always a PITA and I expect it to be even more so during spring break. I guess the best thing would be to arrive really early, the park opens at 0800. Hopefully the traffic would not be too bad this early.

Jeremy
Maybe we can hook up and ride together.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom