Panama City Beach Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am missing you all by one weekend. I will be bringing my camper down Saturday the 19th and staying at Venture Out RV park (right before the entrance to St. Andrews park) We will be on site 585 if you get a chance to stop in and say hello. My truck is super easy to pick out. It is a silver Dodge 4 door Dakota with a silver camper shell and a big green light on the roof of the cab. (I am an EMT on the volunteer rescue squad here and green is for emergency medicine in Indiana, like blue or red for volunteer firefighters in most states)

Anyway, if any of you get the chance, stop in and introduce yourself. I hope to do some Jettie diving and maybe some bridge spans with my son......

I can verify Darcy's report on water color :) I was working in Gulf Shores yesterday and couldn't stop myself from eatin my lunch on the beach. Water was beautiful, super clear, and the Gulf looked like a lake in terms of "surf". I tried to round up a buddy to dive locally last night, but failed :(

I'll be there Saturday morning with a Navy buddy. He's required to be bald, but does have the ability to grow hair.

NOAA adjusted there predictions and it looks like Morrison will be in the 5.5' range by Sunday. If things stay the way they are now, I would really suggest that everyone pack up and head up to Morrison after diving the 10:45AM high tide Sunday morning. The trip to Morrison would make for a perfect SI and the dive itself would be a great way to clean your gear of all that saltwater. At 5.5' Morrison should be quite nice - it will be the lowest its been this year - IF current predictions are correct.

SuPrBuGmAn:
NOAA adjusted there predictions and it looks like Morrison will be in the 5.5' range by Sunday. If things stay the way they are now, I would really suggest that everyone pack up and head up to Morrison after diving the 10:45AM high tide Sunday morning. The trip to Morrison would make for a perfect SI and the dive itself would be a great way to clean your gear of all that saltwater. At 5.5' Morrison should be quite nice - it will be the lowest its been this year - IF current predictions are correct.

I hope the predictions hold out. If they do I am definately going to swing buy morrisons for a nice dive on the way home.. :)

Matt

SuPrBuGmAn:

I'm definitely up for Morrison Sunday too.

Jeremy

Tides for Saturday and Sunday from www.saltwatertides.com

Tides for St. Andrew Bay Channel entrance starting with March 12, 2005.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Sa 12 High 1:27 AM 0.5 5:56 AM Rise 7:20 AM 3
12 Low 2:58 AM 0.4 5:49 PM Set 8:29 PM
12 High 10:27 AM 0.8
12 Low 6:51 PM -0.1

Su 13 High 10:41 AM 1.1 5:55 AM Rise 7:52 AM 8
13 Low 8:13 PM -0.2 5:50 PM Set 9:31 PM

Just curious about one thing, I'm not sure what timeframe saltwater tides uses, or if there times adjust to the location of inquiry. I know they seem to be pretty accurate in Destin which lies in CST, however, PC is EST correct? Are these high tide timetables correct for PC or should we be planning a dive for 11:30EST? Anyone have another source that we can use to crossrefference?

Looking like we dive high tide Saturday morning at 10:30(11:30?) and then do a low tide night dive at 6:50(7:50?). Another high tide dive Sunday at 10:40(11:40?), eat, pack, head to Morrison. 4-5 dives, lots of socializing, probably lots of food, and a bit variety with 2 day time highs, a night time low, and a freshwater spring dive or two in the afternoon. Is that about right?

There is a possibility I may drive back into town (PCB) on Saturday, so if I do, I'll join up with you guys for the Sunday morning dive at the Jetties and then a Morrison Dive later on.

If I don't make it back on Saturday, then I hope to see some of you guys (gals) Sunday afternoon for a evening/night dive at Morrisons. I have Superbugman's cell phone so I'll be sure to keep in touch so I know what is going on when I am on the road.

Getting conflicting info on other sites as far as tidal info goes...

2005-03-12 08:12 CST 0.72 feet High Tide
2005-03-12 16:45 CST -0.10 feet Low Tide

from http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/tideshow.cgi?site=Panama+City+Beach,+Florida&type=graph

Can't say I've ever used their site before, so I don't know how accurate they tend to be...

3/12 02:15AM H 0.5 04:17AM L 0.4 11:15AM H 0.8 08:09PM L -0.1
3/13 11:29AM H 1.1 09:31PM L -0.2 - -

From http://weather.mgnetwork.com/cgi-bi...=MGIMD_local_Tides&place=panama+city&state=fl

The above looks like it could be simply an hour early(somewhat close to saltwatertides), which may mean SWT is setup with CST times and the above page is setup with EST timing.

We use saltwatertides.com for tidal information. When I say "we" I mean WJHG TV 7 www.wjhg.com, the station my wife works at (use to work at I must say). We put those projections "on air" so they are pretty accurate and are also in local CST time.

Biggen:
We use saltwatertides.com for tidal information. When I say "we" I mean WJHG TV 7 www.wjhg.com, the station my wife works at (use to work at I must say). We put those projections "on air" so they are pretty accurate and are also in local CST time.

Good 'nough for me :) The times must change with whatever location you inquiry is local to - makes sense. I've always like saltwatertides.com.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom