Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot to mention that I went out with Pura Vida, which is no surprise to those of you that read my posts. Pura Vida is easily my favorite Palm Beach charter. This morning there was only a small course with an instructor and three students plus myself. So I was the only, true charter customer. I literally had a private dive guide towing the flag for me on both dives. It was so nice! I made sure to tip Ambar and Nicole well because it was such a nice experience and because I knew they weren’t gonna make a whole lot of money on the charter without any other customers outside of the students. Maybe the forecast scared off the other divers, but it was sure nice to almost have the boat to myself.

With the time change, we were leaving the marina right at sunrise.

View attachment 774122

View attachment 774123
Nice. Beautiful sunset and flat water.

March 18–Pura Vida Dive. Full boat.

We went out yesterday morning. Waves about 1 to 2 feet. Not bad. Dropped on Ron’s Rock. Visability was fantastic (compared to recent particle-filled water dives) at the start of the dive—50 ft but deteriorated towards the end of the dive to about 30 feet. Mild current.

The second dive was on Elevator Shaft. Viability about 30 ft with a stronger current. The water was cold 75F. I wore a 5mm and froze at the end of the dives. Looking forward to 82F.

High points:
Flying Gurnard
2 big Bull sharks cruising the reefs
A squad of squid
Yellow Headed Jawfish
Sailfish Blenny
A couple of sharptail eels
…and the “regular” reef fish in full force including big schools of Glasseye Snappers.

Lovely dives

Awesome! I'm still diving my 7mm. I've been nice a toasty! :)

I got out yesterday with Pura Vida for a day trip. Surface conditions were far calmer than forecasted. We had 1-2' seas with a long period with an occasional rolling 3'. It was very nice. There were storms in the area but none offshore of Palm Beach while we were diving. Water was 80-81 F, moderate south current, and viz varied pretty significantly. First dive was Ron's Rock north to south and we had nice blue water with a bit of haze and 40-60' viz. Second dive was Flower Garden north to south and we had greener water with 20-40' viz that improved as we headed south.

I got out yesterday with Pura Vida for a day trip. Surface conditions were far calmer than forecasted. We had 1-2' seas with a long period with an occasional rolling 3'. It was very nice. There were storms in the area but none offshore of Palm Beach while we were diving. Water was 80-81 F, moderate south current, and viz varied pretty significantly. First dive was Ron's Rock north to south and we had nice blue water with a bit of haze and 40-60' viz. Second dive was Flower Garden north to south and we had greener water with 20-40' viz that improved as we headed south.
We dove Pura Vida this morning (Saturday). Viz 10 to 15’. We lost the DM both dives— the entire dive. No problem. Two other “lost” divers stayed with us. Stumbled across three Loggerheads. Worst viz that I have seen for a long time (outside of BHB). Jupiter reported 5’ viz. Small waves. Fun none-the-less.

We dove Pura Vida this morning (Saturday). Viz 10 to 15’. We lost the DM both dives— the entire dive. No problem. Two other “lost” divers stayed with us. Stumbled across three Loggerheads. Worst viz that I have seen for a long time (outside of BHB). Jupiter reported 5’ viz. Small waves. Fun none-the-less.

Most likely due to the increasing NE swell from the storm off the Carolinas. A big swell like that can churn up the bottom and blow the viz for a few days.

Most (if not all) of the boats cancelled afternoon trips in Jupiter and WPB today. Zero viz.

Ouch. Not quite that bad in Pompano today, about 30’ vis on the Hydro Atlantic. Waves were a lot mellower than forecast, maybe 1-2’.

Lance

Ouch. Not quite that bad in Pompano today, about 30’ vis on the Hydro Atlantic. Waves were a lot mellower than forecast, maybe 1-2’.

Lance
Same, I did a shore dive at Pompano Beach. Vis wasn't clear, but it was 30ft.

Date > June 24, 2022
Dive Site > 120 Deep near Horseshoe & Gov's wreck trek
Temps > 80 on the bott, 80 at the surface
Current > Weird today- @ deep 1knot,,,,,,But the wrecks-ripping 4knts so bad they aborted the dive
Viz top to bottom with a little hazy on the sand.
Topside, so calm we actually water skied - no rain.

Isn't that just trolling for bull sharks in that area??

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom