Palm Beach Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any description of what happened here? Scuba secrecy is really something.
I don't know the full story. He got bent on Aug 31 and they didn't seek medical attention until they got to the dock. The boat, PBS, got cited for not having a credentialed mariner (amongst other violations) and was shutdown. He was in the ICU. They put in him a chamber. He passed away yesterday.

Written by his daughter today:
Today by Allison Huston, Organizer
We are never guaranteed time on this earth, but yours was cut way too short. We had so many adventures left to go on and so many more dives to do together. I’m heartbroken to not have you here. I love you - thank you for everything you taught me. I will keep living my life to the fullest, just like you would want. Until we meet again.

We will now begin the process of figuring out how and where memorial services or celebrations of life will take place. We will let you all know when there is a plan. Thank you so much for your support and outpouring of love.

12/30/1963 - 9/11/2024

Written by his daughter on 9/9:
Unfortunately, I don't have the best news to update you all with. Dad has not regained neurological function that would allow him to have any quality of life. We are now focusing our attention on comfort care at this time.

In other news, it's a week late, but I went out with Stuart Scuba last Friday. We had a very light north current with a west push. Visibility was top to bottom. We did the corridor wreck trek. I saw 4 goliath groupers on the bow of the Ana C, none on the Mizpah, none on PC1174, and none on the Amaryllis. Water temp was 87 degrees. Seas were 2-3 with a long interval. A couple of 3's hit when I was trying to get back on the boat. The water started to chop up as the day progressed.

Dive 2 we dropped on Spearmans Barge. I saw a couple schoolmaster snapper worth shooting, but they dipped around a corner before I could shoot. Further north, there was just nothing. I did see one lobster and caught it. We found a large cement sewer pipe with 3 lionfish on it, and we got 2 of them. My cousin was learning how to shoot lionfish and the first one got away. He figured it out and got the last 2.

What a tragedy - a dive fatality that was probably easily avoided.

. He passed away yesterday.
That really changes the CG investigation now due to a fatality. Very sorry for his family.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom