PAL Domestic Fares Promo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well the current govt in usa in now trying to prevent recession, and they are doing artificial buoying by Bush asking fiscal and fed intervention, that is no longer free market as most participants in Wall street are saying not me.

over the weekend, airline executives have stated that the airline industry in USA is having a hard time , hence they really need to protect domestic companies and they dont need PAL to take more business out of local usa airlines.

And it is very commendable that the FAA is doing its part to protect its business. there is nothing wrong in what the FAA did or is doing, it is the Philippines that is to blame. they provided the FAA to downgrade the Philippines due to the failure to maintain international standards.

Huh? PAL was downgraded by the FAA because it didn't meet safety standards and I'd say, there's some truth to that. Seeing it as stifling competition or calling the US a protectionist state is a bit, shall I say, far-fetched..

Huh? PAL was downgraded by the FAA because it didn't meet safety standards and I'd say, there's some truth to that. Seeing it as stifling competition or calling the US a protectionist state is a bit, shall I say, far-fetched..

Just want to set things straight here. PAL wasn't downgraded. The Philippine Air Transport Office (ATO) was downgraded. That has no reflection on PAL safety standards or for any local airline for that matter. As for US protecting its interests....there are rumors in the airline industry that Hawaiian Airlines is gonna start servicing the Honolulu-Manila route sometime this year. If that turns out to be true, hmm....sounds like protectionism to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom