PAL Domestic Fares Promo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In HK, there are in city check-in counters at the Airport Express station and I usually like to swing by before work on a Friday of a trip to drop my dive gear off and get checked in for a late afternoon flight. Then I can zip right out of work (I mean finish browsing SB) and be on a 6-8pm flight. Always cracks me up that all the other airline counter lines are empty but the PAL one will be a good 10-30 min wait!

maybe I should start packing my dive gear in balikbayan boxes? :rofl3:

PAL should then invest in a c-130 plane modified to take in 200 passengers with their 3 balikbayan boxes and four carry-on hand luggage as big as them

then PAL just adds double deck bunks or even triple deck.

with several nurses on board and lots of hypertension medicines

better yet inject nitrous oxide in the cabin for the entire flight.

maybe I should start packing my dive gear in balikbayan boxes? :rofl3:

you should, there is LBC cargo there and they will just deliver it to your dive resort within 2 to three days !!!! so send in your gear three days earlier and have the resort unpack it and get it ready for your arrival.

LBC

click the link

this reminded me how the PAL queue in Sydney airport looked like 3.5 hours before the flight. people were already standing there with their large balikbayan boxes even before the check in counter opened. :D. me included (w/o the balikbayan boxes).

zsolt wondered if that is always the case everywhere. its the only airline check-in counter that has queues that early for a flight. :rofl2:

maybe all the Pinoys with big boxes are waiting for some like you who have no baggage so they can make "singit" and save on excess baggage fees.

baaah, would have given them my free 20kgs baggage allowance if they asked. :D

after that this.....

there goes the FREE MARKET of United STates...... becoming a Protectionist state huh. Seems that the Global economy is giving US Markets rising competition.

Stiffling competiton even before it starts...

"That FAA downgrade, however, means our capacity to operate will be limited. Our existing US flights are not affected, but our planned flight expansions may need to be delayed. Even with new planes, we cannot fly these to the US," said Bautista.
The FAA decision prohibits PAL from increasing its flights to the US from 33 a week and from changing the type or number of aircraft used on these services.
Bautista said PAL is to take delivery of five Airbus 320 aircraft this year, while six new Boeing 777-300ERs are to come in between 2009 and 2011.

PAL set to lower targets after FAA downgrade -- report - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

seems the c-130 PAL flights seems to be the way to go after the downgrade. newxt grade.. PAL declared to be CARGO and not Passenger due to the BALIKBAYAN BOXES !!!!!

after that this.....

there goes the FREE MARKET of United STates...... becoming a Protectionist state huh. Seems that the Global economy is giving US Markets rising competition.

Stiffling competiton even before it starts...
Huh? PAL was downgraded by the FAA because it didn't meet safety standards and I'd say, there's some truth to that. Seeing it as stifling competition or calling the US a protectionist state is a bit, shall I say, far-fetched..

hmmmn.... just recently, their domestic market share was largely affected by Cebu Pacific's introduction of Go Fares and easy online booking... and now this for the international route... tsk tsk tsk...

they have a very nice airport, though. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom