PADI Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by VTWarrenG
And twenty years from now, if you grow some neurons, you'll say 100 fsw is deep air.

Do you not realize that other people have different opinions of acceptable risk than you do?

Some people feel that 105ft on air is perfectly acceptable. Some say 130ft. Some say deeper. You apparently set your personal limit at 100fsw. Fine.

Just remember that a large segment of the diving population has considered diving air between 100 and 130ft to be well within the realm of recreational diving for years. You can disagree, but don't expect everyone to follow your opinion.

Finally, to ridicule another diver for not conforming to your view of this issue is not productive.

Drew,

I understand and accept that many divers feel 130 fsw on air is not a problem. I've been there, too, and didn't have any problems.

I don't go around criticizing recreational divers for their 130 fsw "deep air." I do criticize AquaTec, because he has a distinct habit of doing very stupid things, telling us all about them, and wanting us to discuss them.

Perhaps I should just add him to my ignore list.

- Warren

What do you hope to accomplish by posting acts of blatant stupidity like this on a public forum? - Warren

Don't miss the forest Warren....

Doug's post demonstrates a very positive direction....
As well as several reasons why some folks do deep air....
It may well be that Doug will at some time change his END....
Again.

Hmm, Pug...

I guess you have a point, bud. He hasn't come full circle yet, but he's making progress.

AquaTec, just be safe, dude. Just cut it out with the bleeding edge cowboy stuff. Nothing's worth your life.

- Warren

I don't go around criticizing recreational divers for their 130 fsw "deep air." I do criticize AquaTec, because he has a distinct habit of doing very stupid things, telling us all about them, and wanting us to discuss them.

Warren,
Sounds like he's not exactly on your short list for dive buddies to call for a deep dive. You have a right to your opinion, AquaTec can have his.

BTW, wasn't this thread originally about PADI Trimix?

Warren,
Sounds like he's not exactly on your short list for dive buddies to call for a deep dive. You have a right to your opinion, AquaTec can have his.

BTW, wasn't this thread originally about PADI Trimix?

I see that you are full cave. A question - would you ever violate any of the primary rules in cave diving? And if not, why would you not apply similiar rules in the open ocean diving a wreck when, environmentally, it's notably more dangerous? One more, I see you run a technical dive operation - who chhoses the rules for your customers to keep them safe - you or them?

Jim

I feel the rules in cave diving need to mostly followed because
of the over head , A 1000' feet in, creates a whole new set of promblems, At least for me. That is why I look at it differently.

For me I don't feel at home in caves, Just not my cup of tea.!
I got the cert because a Dive buddy of mine wanted too, I do feel it makes me a better wreck diver.!

In Regards to divers on my boat, They choose how they want to dive, DIR Style, Deep air with in reason, Mix, Ext. I veto anything
that i feel is unsafe & I base this on there experiance not mine.

I have very few problems on the boat, Probably because most of the people that dive with me are very experianced divers.

I do some rec/sport trips, But I prefer tech trips. Nicer people/Less
problems.
Dive Safe Nordic Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom