PADI instructors manual....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I need to purchase an instructor's manual. What would be the best way? How do we get updates? My LDS says the CD version is $300 and that he can get a revised version every year for cheap (I think $30). Is this right? I need a paper version also. Know where I can get one a little cheaper?:06:

For the paper manual, you'll get regular updates from padi when you complete your DM course. As for a cheaper version, if you hear about one I'd like to know. I'd like both versions too but it's just not affordable.

I think you can buy used copies off ebay, but they're probably already registered, so no updates. Other than that, as a PADI member you can buy directly from PADI (or if you know someone who is at a higher discount level can get you a better deal). But I know that if you sign up for automatic renewal, they will send you one for free in January (at least that is what they offered me here in Canada).

So how do you "register" a manual with PADI? Just buy from a PADI store, or PADI?

So, if I could get a cheap or free version, would the annual updates be sufficent?

scubajoh44:
I need to purchase an instructor's manual. What would be the best way? How do we get updates? My LDS says the CD version is $300 and that he can get a revised version every year for cheap (I think $30). Is this right? I need a paper version also. Know where I can get one a little cheaper?:06:
If you are a PADI professional, go to the PADI Members web site, login, and you can buy it directly from PADI.

And it's not anywhere near $300.00 for just the instructor manual. They may have been quoting you what is called the Instructor value pack which includes a bunch of other stuff....

quarrydiver99:
And it's not anywhere near $300.00 for just the instructor manual. They may have been quoting you what is called the Instructor value pack which includes a bunch of other stuff....

As i recall the CD instructor manual is about $150, same cost as the paper version. Not sure what the updates cost, since i usually get them for free from a LDS i work with from time to time.

I'd advise you not to buy used. As a PADI pro you are required to have a CURRENT edition. If you buy used, there's the potential of updates that you will have missed.

The CD ran me about $130 from the shop I'm involved with. I'd wait until 2006 because I think another addition is coming out. What do you need it for?

So, if I wait till 2006 and purchase the CD, I'll be able to get updates online? I will not be a PADI pro untill Feb or March.

lostplanetairman:
What do you need it for?

I need it for a few of my DM test and I will be doing my IDC soon also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom