Question ISO Padi aow manual pdf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Fairly new to diving. I Padi OW certified with my children and now we want to take it to another level with Padi AOW. We are training in Mexico and the instructor only has the Spanish manual. Can anyone PLEASE get me a pdf of the English Padi AOW manual? I’ve searched the scubaboard site but didn’t find the Padi AOW.
cwrspud@yahoo.com
Thank you in advance.

Have you logged into the PADI website? You should be able to access the e-learning there. I doubt you'll be able to find a PDF, due to copyright limitations.

Have you logged into the PADI website? You should be able to access the e-learning there. I doubt you'll be able to find a PDF, due to copyright limitations.
Agree.
Your only legal choices are to find another shop that has the English manual for sale, or to go online and purchase the eLearning.
Any pdf version of the manual you find is a pirated copy breaking copyright laws, and is probably not the latest version of the manual....which is required for an AOW class that meets standards.

If your instructor is PADI he has to either get you a manuel or an e learning with the AOW course. He can get both in english if not this is odd.

Inquis.
Thank you. I looked on the Padi site but do not have access to a manual with my account without buying another ecourse separately from the course that I am already taking with the instructor here. I appreciate your input.

Inquis.
Thank you. I looked on the Padi site but do not have access to a manual with my account without buying another ecourse separately from the course that I am already taking with the instructor here. I appreciate your input.
If you buy the elearning, the instructor should refund for the classroom portion of the class since they will no longer have to teach that section. (If you designate them when you sign up, they receive a share of the elearning fees from PADI). It will probably end up costing more in total, but the refund for classroom should offset some of your expenses. Not saying this will happen but that's the way it's supposed to happen.

If you buy the elearning, the instructor should refund for the classroom portion of the class since they will no longer have to teach that section. (If you designate them when you sign up, they receive a share of the elearning fees from PADI). It will probably end up costing more in total, but the refund for classroom should offset some of your expenses. Not saying this will happen but that's the way it's supposed to happen.
Actually no. Signing up for e-learning should not short the instructor their normal fee. A good instructor WILL NOT forego classroom training because someone has taken the e-learning option.
I always told my students that if they did e-learning that was fine.
However, I was not reducing classroom time. There were some things I did not need to spend as much time on, but I verified every part of the classroom training and did not just accept the printout that said they passed.
I also added material that was not in the manual. Especially for AOW.
AOW is used as a get-out-of-jail-free card by some ops who put divers that have an AOW card on sites they have no business on.
E-learning should be a supplement to training. Not a replacement.
Just like the materials I created to hand out that were from my technical diving training and experience.
AOW training is often a joke, and part of the reason is that instructors are vastly underpaid for the risk they take, the extra gear, the time at AOW-appropriate sites, and the other logistics required to put a proper course on.
I taught an AOW class that was double the price of my competitors and would not have reduced the cost by a dime just because someone did the e-learning for it. That was on them. A convenience for some of the material.
No different than if they bought extra reading material. The share they get from the agency is a pittance.
I actually used more of the material from my second book for AOW classes. More in-depth and more relevant to what they were doing.

Actually no. Signing up for e-learning should not short the instructor their normal fee. A good instructor WILL NOT forego classroom training because someone has taken the e-learning option.
I always told my students that if they did e-learning that was fine.
However, I was not reducing classroom time. There were some things I did not need to spend as much time on, but I verified every part of the classroom training and did not just accept the printout that said they passed.
I also added material that was not in the manual. Especially for AOW.
AOW is used as a get-out-of-jail-free card by some ops who put divers that have an AOW card on sites they have no business on.
E-learning should be a supplement to training. Not a replacement.
Just like the materials I created to hand out that were from my technical diving training and experience.
AOW training is often a joke, and part of the reason is that instructors are vastly underpaid for the risk they take, the extra gear, the time at AOW-appropriate sites, and the other logistics required to put a proper course on.
I taught an AOW class that was double the price of my competitors and would not have reduced the cost by a dime just because someone did the e-learning for it. That was on them. A convenience for some of the material.
No different than if they bought extra reading material. The share they get from the agency is a pittance.
I actually used more of the material from my second book for AOW classes. More in-depth and more relevant to what they were doing.
Jim. You seem to be very knowledgeable about the intricacies of Padi, and since I am a novice in terms of the shoulds and coulds of the Padi system... How should the Padi AOW training work?
So far, we have watched 1.5 hours of videos that are almost more of an introductory to the different segments of the AOW but do not have much detailed information. We were then each given an incomplete scanned and printed copy of the AOW Spanish Manual and told to read it. Our next thing is the dives to apply the training on-site. I am trying to dig in deeper and at least get the English manual so that we can understand it in our native language due to the danger of not fully understanding the topics.
I am nervous for myself and my children to grasp the training fully. That is why I am reaching out.
Your input is appreciated.

OP, try and get your money back and find a different instructor. What you are getting is NOT a proper PADI AOW class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom