PADI instructors manual....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK straight from the Fourth Quarter Training Bulletin:

PADI Instructors who renew membership before 31 December 2005 will receive a 2006 PADI Instructor Manual - digital version as a renewal benefit.

(Note: Because the PADI Instructor Manual - digital version is not available in Japanese, Japan members wil not receive an Instructor Manual disc.)

drew52:
OK straight from the Fourth Quarter Training Bulletin:

PADI Instructors who renew membership before 31 December 2005 will receive a 2006 PADI Instructor Manual - digital version as a renewal benefit.

(Note: Because the PADI Instructor Manual - digital version is not available in Japanese, Japan members wil not receive an Instructor Manual disc.)

That's one good thing this year especially if you are a DM! I origionally bought mine for about $200 Canadian and was version 1.0...I have never looked back as the new versions are about $15 every year.

Ron

So....forgive me, I just want to clarify......if I WANT a manual for my IDC, can I just buy a used one off e-bay or something. Then, after I get my instr cert I will get a CD version to update it? Will this work?

Just FYI: If you buy a digital manual, be sure to take the original CD to your IDC/IE. The examiners want to see that you have the CD. Just having it loaded on your laptop isn't good enough.

scubajoh44:
So....forgive me, I just want to clarify......if I WANT a manual for my IDC, can I just buy a used one off e-bay or something. Then, after I get my instr cert I will get a CD version to update it? Will this work?

You could do that but you still need to make sure that the used paper copy is up to date. You would need access to all applicable quarterly updates via either paper copies or the CD. Then you would need to take the time to assure the paper manual is current, item by item.

It can be a pretty big pain depending how old the manual is. Four updates per year, each with multiple changes, times the number of years old the manual is. Seems to me it would be easier to just buy new. I just let my DM candidates borrow my manuals ..... minus the DM test answers keys of course.:wink:

Are you currently taking your DM now? If yes, have you discussed this with your instructor? He/She should be able to help you out with all this.

TCDiver1:
Are you currently taking your DM now? If yes, have you discussed this with your instructor? He/She should be able to help you out with all this.

Yes I'm doing my DM now. I think they want me to buy one. They quoted me a price of $300 for the CD. I guess I'm not buying from them. :wink:

I guess what I'm getting at is.... if I buy a new one (I need it for the DM conducted programs test)....I'll get the updates for free after I get my inst cert? If I do my IDC in June, will I need to update it before then? Should I wait till 2006 to buy? Do the 2006 versions come out in Jan?

scubajoh44:

Nope,you need to have an origional and register with PADI.

BTW...I used both paper version and digital at my IDC. Our CD showed us how to flag the inportant parts of the paper version especially in the Standards and Proceedures section for fast access and that is what I actually used at the IE...not the laptop.

I still have it and the flags are still in place.

Make sure you are up to date with the correct material at the IDC/IE.

Ron

If you are planning on doing your instructors fairly soon buy the IDC Crewpack, comes with all the teaching slates and other stuff you need for the IDC & IE. I used my wifes manual and we spent about 5 nights or more updating it. Her manual was only 1 year old, a manual off the internet, who knows how old it will be and what will be missing?

Also you will only get the Digital version the year you renew so if you do your IDC next year you will receive a digital manual for 2007.

gratefuljames:
Why don't you just ask for the answers to the DM test? lolol....

Why would that help me with what I need for the IDC? The only test I have left is the DM conducted programs. My instructor said most of that information is found in the inst manual. That is when he suggested I buy one.

Back
Top Bottom