PADI Instructor Development Course, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteveLovesMe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!
I'm looking for dive shops in the Houston or San Antonio area that offer the PADI IDC and are within a driveable distance to an Instructor Exam as well. I've had fantastic instructors for my Assistant Instructor class and I'd like an IDC Staff Instructor who's going to prepare me extremely well...someone who's going to be hard on me. Any suggestions?

-Andrea

Check out PADI.com for the instructor exam calendar and then take a look at the PADI 5 Star IDC shops in San Antonio and Houston. Once you get an idea of shops and time of the next local exam you can narrow down to a few choices and look for recommendations after that. I think you will find that making a general plea for suggestions on this board will lead to a lot of personal opinions that have nothing to do with your original question. And for what it's worth, that's my opinion. :D

No suggestions to offer, just a best wishes and good luck.

I'm sure you will, but be sure to interview your prospective staff instructors and more importantly course director.

TwoBit

You might try Divers Depot in Nacogdoches, Tx. Both owners are Cd's. They run a good operation and they provide free coed on site lodging for the duration of the course.

In Houston you might contact Sea Sports Scuba (Westheimer store)

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom