General Manager for Dive Center and Resort ( single or couple application accepted)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mamamouchi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
We are looking for a General Manager (or couple) to run and develop Palaka Dive Center and Palaka Resort, located at General Luna, Siargao Island, Philippines.

Skills:
Leadership
Problem solving
Pro active
Positive philosophy
Time management
Organization
Computer skills/pack Office
Boat license, Mechanic, compressor maintenance is a plus

At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.

Responsibilities and tasks – Palaka Dive Center -:
Plan the dives/boats (scuba, freediving, snorkeling, excursions…) for all guests and instructors (3 scuba diving instructors for now, including you, and one freediving instructor)
Supervise daily organization: prepare diving bags, boat, tanks, take care of divers, rinsing gears…
Go diving (teaching, leading) if needed
Welcome guests/public relations, sale products/courses/dives…
Supervise, maintain and repair: boat, compressor, diving and snorkeling gears
Supervise and coach instructors, and always remember and reinforce respect of PADI standards and security procedures/actions.
Communication: supervise social media (Facebook, Instagram…) with Assistant and Resort co-manager, specialized in social media) ; and other local, national and international communication, in collaboration with me, and develop Scuba diving and Freediving activities.
Hiring staff
Accounting in collaboration with assistant
Answer emails for diving/freediving in collaboration with the assistant
Motivation/coaching/sales of other instructors and staff

Responsibilities and tasks – Palaka Resort -:
Supervise resort operations, maintenance and development
Direct relations with all staff, especially with the 2 co-managers

Monthly salary:
Fixed salary will increase with time and results.
Bonus depends on monthly results (Turn Over or Benefit)

1 day off/week, will go to 1 & 1/2 day off/week after 2 years work
14 days paid holidays/year
The company will pay working visa for foreigner
One SIM card with full unlimited (internet, SMS, calls)

Please send CV and motivation letter to palakahq@gmail.com

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Lets try this. If you are interested in the manager's position at Palaka Dive Center in the Philippines, you should respond to the OP. If you just want to slag him off, maybe not reply? I have worked in the Caribbean as a resort instructor for the exact same working conditions.

Since when do dive ops have weekends off? Lol, thats the job.

Hard to play the vacation card when the job is a vacation. I worked 5 years in FL without a vacation. Thats just the way it goes sometimes. Moved to midwest, first year no vacation. 2nd, one week. And so forth, up to max of 5 weeks, which Im at now.

I'd love a relatively stress free vacation gig with long hours when Im older.

All job adds have to sound like the job is super hard to weed out the weaklings. Looking at my own job posting add, Id never apply for the job I have.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is the Classifieds section. You can ask general questions, but you don't get to debate how they run their shop. Feel free to start a thread in the appropriate forum for that. Thank you!

Argumentative posts have been deleted. If you have questions or comments about this, please DM me or start a thread in Site Support.

Back
Top Bottom