Padi Fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The post I quoted didn't think it was possible, I showed him/her that it is possible.

If you want to get technical them you also have to be able to afford an internet connected device and isp fees. We could on all day about what ifs, but again that's not the question I addressed.

Good Day

Yes, but as pointed out earlier, you can only do this with internet access, and you don't see the Pro Specialty credentials, only the rating.

I mes
So a non-PADI shop can go online and look up PADI certs.? For security reasons that is hard to believe, but I'll take your word.
i mean that they're are more PADI shops than any other. A PADI diver can also look up their own Cert for a DS using the order a new card section.

The post I quoted didn't think it was possible, I showed him/her that it is possible.

If you want to get technical them you also have to be able to afford an internet connected device and isp fees. We could on all day about what ifs, but again that's not the question I addressed.

Good Day
Why are you so upset that I added additional information to what you provided?

1. Certification fees, primarily. I don't think replacing lost cert cards should be one; card replacement should be at (at most) cost, IMO.
As Andy said they also produce books and vidoes which they sell. Another big thing is membership fees. I wouldn't be surprised if they make more money in membership fees than in certification fees... they're producing DM and Instructors like crazy and these people are a sales force that's paying to be a sales person. Some of them will even buy PADI shirts, jackets log books and all the other merch they're selling.
I wonder how much padi will be sold for.

@Kris@bulldog I did not say padi has no cost, I said you can't compare bottling and selling water bottles to selling eCards. Also, you basically have to buy the replacement card if you lose the old card, even though you already paid for the training. The card is just proof you took the training. If people think it's cool, fine. I think it's a crappy move.

Wasn't aware Im upset? Just stating facts.

"When you make any assumption,
you are preparing room for error."― Toba Beta
LOL. You write an uppity, defensive post, and end it with Good Night? Ha.

Back
Top Bottom