Padi Fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ljpm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My daughter just turned 15 and wanted to get a new OW and AOW card that do not state junior. I checked with my local dive shop and apparently it will cost $52 each to have new cards made. WOW, WTF.

You can do it online at the Padi.com website, and avoid any unreasonable markups.

No reason to replace the OW card.

As well, PADI has computer records if you are diving with a PADI operation, but best to have a hard copy.

There should be no reason to replace either card. The "Must dive with adult" restriction expires on turning 15, does it not? Getting a new card would just be for vanity?

Interesting... looking at my daughter's cards (now age 13), her cards have the following notes on them from PADI:
Jr OW: "10-11 with Parent/PADI Pro 12m/40ft, 12+ with adult"
Jr Underwater Naturalist: "Under 15, must dive with adult, 10-11 with Parent/PADI Pro 12m/40ft"
Jr AOW: "Must dive with certified adult"
Jr Emergency O2: no restriction (not surprising)
Jr EAN: "Must dive with certified adult"
Jr PPB: "Under 15, must dive with adult, 12+ with adult" (not sure what the difference is there...)
Jr Rescue: "Must dive with certified adult"
Jr DPV: no restriction on card
Jr MSD:"Must dive with certified adult"

Weird that Rescue and MSD say "Must dive with certified adult" but lose the age limit on the restriction... Assuming that the age restriction lifts for all... I was not planning on replacing any of her cards when she turns 15.

Yes, PADI are a bunch of shameless rob-dogs. I lost my wallet with my RD card in it; they wanted £22 to replace it (or so I thought). You can have an 'e-Card' but the robbing gits want the same amount for that.

I decided I would try the angry email approach and see if I can shame them into sending a free replacement. This is the email I sent:

I was unfortunate enough to lose my wallet over the weekend and have been going through the process of replacing various cards. So far the costs are as follows:
  • Bank cards - free
  • Gym card - £2.50
  • Football season ticket - free
  • Various loyalty cards - free
  • PADI Rescue diver card - £22.00
If I choose to have an e-card (which I would assume would be cheaper to process), the cost is still £22.00. I expected a modest charge to cover admin and postage but £22 is ridiculous.

Regards,

This is the actual reply I got from PADI:

Dear David

I’m sorry to hear that you have lost your wallet containing your PADI card.

The current replacement card fee is £26.40 including VAT, whether you prefer to have an eCard or a plastic certification card.

This is our standard replacement card fee

Kind regards,

Natasha Weetch

Assistant, Customer Services
Edit to add:

As has been pointed out, there is no requirement to upgrade a junior card, and the age restrictions are removed on the relevant birthday.

If you follow PADI on Facebook, you will see frequent advertising campaigns where they try to sell replacement cards, by spuriously implying your old one is out of date.

Last edited:
Yes, PADI are a bunch of shameless rob-dogs. I lost my wallet with my RD card in it; they wanted £22 to replace it (or so I thought). You can have an 'e-Card' but the robbing gits want the same amount for that.

I decided I would try the angry email approach and see if I can shame them into sending a free replacement. This is the email I sent:

I was unfortunate enough to lose my wallet over the weekend and have been going through the process of replacing various cards. So far the costs are as follows:
  • Bank cards - free
  • Gym card - £2.50
  • Football season ticket - free
  • Various loyalty cards - free
  • PADI Rescue diver card - £22.00
If I choose to have an e-card (which I would assume would be cheaper to process), the cost is still £22.00. I expected a modest charge to cover admin and postage but £22 is ridiculous.

Regards,

This is the actual reply I got from PADI:

Dear David

I’m sorry to hear that you have lost your wallet containing your PADI card.

The current replacement card fee is £26.40 including VAT, whether you prefer to have an eCard or a plastic certification card.

This is our standard replacement card fee

Kind regards,

Natasha Weetch

Assistant, Customer Services
Edit to add:

As has been pointed out, there is no requirement to upgrade a junior card, and the age restrictions are removed on the relevant birthday.

If you follow PADI on Facebook, you will see frequent advertising campaigns where they try to sell replacement cards, by spuriously implying your old one is out of date.
Sorry you are so upset with PADI, apparently about a lot of things. Maybe you should just cut up your card and get some other kind of certification. :)
Seems like you got a good deal, anyway. The current price in the US for a replacement card is $44.
"you will see frequent advertising campaigns where they try to sell replacement cards, by spuriously implying your old one is out of date" That is your inference, not their implication.

Meh, get AOW cert and forget about new OW card.

The person already has AOW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom