PADI Dive Wheel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to retake that section of the exam because I didn't think there would be any questions about the wheel. Once I figured out how to use the damned thing, I passed, then put the wheel away to be forgotten.

If you decide to continue on, wheel quiestions come up in the IDC, and the IE. It is a PITA, but you gotta know it.

The wheel is going away. It may be another year or so, but it will be replaced by a new eRDP.

If you decide to continue on, wheel quiestions come up in the IDC, and the IE. It is a PITA, but you gotta know it.

The wheel is going away. It may be another year or so, but it will be replaced by a new eRDP.

Whats wrong with the good old fashioned tables? I've used the eRDP, and was not impressed.

Whats wrong with the good old fashioned tables? I've used the eRDP, and was not impressed.
Did you get the Ikelite housing for your eRDP?
:popcorn::coke:

Stop the madness before it begins.:search:

Really, thats cool. Im going to try teaching only with the ERDP from now on just to hasten the demise of tables.

I heard a rumor that PADI was introducing a new ERDP that would make the wheel obsolete as it will be able to calculate multi-level dives. Has anyone else heard similar stories. I tried Googling "new ERDP" but I get a lot of hits for "England Rural Development Programme":shakehead:

I received an e-mail containing the following,

This week PADI finally announced in the UNDERSEA JOURNAL the long awaited release of the BRAND NEW ERDP multilevel which will replace the DREADED WHEEL. It is the same format as the ERDP, however with a cover and more sturdy and water resistant, it should be much improved over the original ERDP.

There is also a cute memorial to the wheel here: http://padipronorthwest.blogspot.com/

I am not responsible for the content

I received an e-mail containing the following,

There is also a cute memorial to the wheel here: http://padipronorthwest.blogspot.com/

I am not responsible for the content

Finally announced? Long awaited? The only benefits of this ill-conceived device are to the company that makes it and the retailers who sell it.

It's about time to simply require the ability to use a dive computer. Not require the purchase, but require the proficiency, as they can be rented anywhere.

theskull

I don't think you need to learn how to use a computer to dive. I do agree that it should be taught. However, you can plan your dive with good old fashion tables. No computer, no wheel, no *insert gizmo here*, just plain old good dive planning. THAT should be taught...in my very humble opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom