P-Valves for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I went ahead and tried the Depends. In baby steps of course. First, on land. Worked great! I then tried it standing in shallow water. Still no leaks. Woohoo!

I'm hooked on Depends now! LOL When ya gotta go, you just can't get out of that dry suit fast enough.

I've dove plenty with diapers -- my only hint is to relieve yourself slowly and in smaller bursts, rather than all at once as you might on land. I've never had a problem at all with leaking, etc. I just don't like the bulky feel of the diapers, and would much rather a p-valve. I know lots of guys who use them and love them, far more than relief zippers, especially on long dives. I just wish there was something for us women -- cold water dives over 90 minutes can get pretty uncomfortable! I'll check out what DUI is coming up with, I'd be willing to try a bit of shaving and sticky tape for a more comfortable dive.

As as for diving wet -- not on your life!! Not here in British Columbia, anyway. I'm far too attached to my fuzzy weezle and argon. I know, I know, I'm a wimp ....

drbill:
Missy, my dear... it is summer. You can dive wet although I know you are enjoying your dry suit as well.

Unfortunately, I was cold at Catalina too... And when I hit the thermocline at the shores, I can feel the icy water on the other side of my drysuit... While I no longer get cold, I do pity my buddies as I watch them turn a shade of blue and shiver .... :wink:
Then, I smirk. :eyebrow:

Ok, I admit it..... Got a bag of Depends .... guess I'll give them a try this weekend.....

Hey! how appropriate to have Missy "P" chime in on this particular subject. My wife is holding back on DS diving as a result of this issue as well. I for one (being a Male) tried my pee valve when I first bought my DS. It felt like I was peeing all over inside my suit. I was so unsure if it was working correctly,(it was) I Have never used it again. I also felt that you had to push much harder to overcome the outside pressure, so I don't know how a Female might be able to "pressurize" the contraption without getting some sort of leakage. My 2$ w

diverrick:
Hey! how appropriate to have Missy "P" chime in on this particular subject. My wife is holding back on DS diving as a result of this issue as well.

ok funny man, I just caught that comment! You'll (or your wife anyway) be glad to know that Depends are actually very comfortable... unfortunately I didn't get to test out how well they work. I didnt need to pee!

This one is my favorite. :D
cone.gif

MaxBottomtime:
This one is my favorite. :D
cone.gif

ok thats just sick :blink: They didn't actually have to show her peeing! LOL

Great ideas for camping... just wish there was a good solution for diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom