P-Valves for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the fear of an unexpected reverse squeeze due to improper P-valve use keeps
me awake at night.

diapers are the thing for me!

NASA has to have come up with something, how do astronaut ladies do it?

they have a zero-g toilet on the shuttle that creates artificial gravity by blasting air at speed from the inside sides of the toilet (or so i hear)

no American women flew before the shuttle. the men had a dump valve for pee and a plastic "top hat" looking thing for the other stuff, which velcroed to their derriers.

there were a few Russian female cosmonauts, but i don't
know what they did for bathroom facilities.

H2Andy:
the fear of an unexpected reverse squeeze due to improper P-valve use keeps
me awake at night.

I hope you're not serious. With a balanced valve, I could not see how that could ever happen. Have you actually used one before?

lol, no, not really

but sober truth is the mortal enemy of humor :wink:

actually, some might say that so are my so-called jokes

My instructor once told me about a friend of his who did something wrong with his p-valve (don't ask me what, I'm female I don't use one!!) and came up after a dive and completely freaked thinking he'd bent his... Well, you know what I mean :wink:
I think it turned out alright now... He had another kid recently, so.... Something to think about though, a!

The most logical choice if one chooses not to use the diapers would be to get a Foley catheter. You would have to be trained to use it but its certainly not rocket science.

I heard once that a female p-valve requires shaving & glue as mentioned before, but also an oxygen mask (think about the shape). In other words...you shave and glue the oxygen mask to yourself with tubing attached.

I'll stick with Depends.

Interesting how much male interest in this subject... :dontgetit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom