P valves for women???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki:
I'd definitely want to try without puncturing the suit first. I am not worried about the bag breaking, I am worried about the bag ripping off of me (OOOWWIEEEE). I am still not sure how the p-valves work though. How come there be enough pressure to push the pee out of the bag and through the tubes and valve??? It's more of a dead space than with guys because of the reservoir, no? I'd hate to have a slosher between my legs for the rest of the dive.....

I don't remember where I read it, but p-valves work so that the pressure is equalized before use. You're supposed to open the valve once in the water. This equalizes the pressure so that when you go, the urine actually leave the catheter. I thought the same thing about the catch bag, but it sounds like mania has had success in her experiences.

Also, the adhesive looks similar to what's used for colostomies, another bag you don't want ripping off!

Mike Newman:
It will also set you up for dehyhration and increased risk of DCS - not an attractive option..

Not exactly sure who you were replying to, but kegels would certainly not cause dehydration, the exercise isnt holding in urine, its actually stopping midstream which tends to be uncomfortable, but after you stop you start again. So your not holding it in and messing with your body.

He quoted Lynn's post, so I assume he was referring to her recommendation to eat some salty snacks immediately before diving.

MSilvia:
Fair enough, but I doubt you'll get much sympathy from the guys who use adhesive condom caths. I'm with Mania... it's not pleasant, but it's gotta be better than trying to enjoy yourself in wet diapers.

We aren't talking about enjoying ourselves...we are talking about p-valves....

silly silly man...wrong bulletin board entirely :laurel:

SoCalAngel:
We aren't talking about enjoying ourselves...we are talking about p-valves....

silly silly man...wrong bulletin board entirely :laurel:

nice

(fragging five letter minimum)

Mike Newman:
This advice will result in dehydration and increased risk of DCS - not an attractive option..:(

"splain yourself oh green water diver.... I thought we already discussed this???

BITE ME:

No, a urostomy is a revision done to bypass the bladder (bladder CA, etc). The urine is routed to the abdominal wall from the ureters to a small piece of bowel out through a stoma (hole). This bag is used for an incontinent urostomy to catch the urine. It's the same concept but the wrong shape.

Dive-aholic:
No, a urostomy is a revision done to bypass the bladder (bladder CA, etc). The urine is routed to the abdominal wall from the ureters to a small piece of bowel out through a stoma (hole). This bag is used for an incontinent urostomy to catch the urine. It's the same concept but the wrong shape.

oh well.... that was the closest thing i could find... not even going to try to cath myself... i rather deal with diapers!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom