P-Valve plumbing size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the Norprene info Pete. No slimy drool yet, but I'd much prefer to avoid it. The alcohol intolerance may explain why Halcyon recommends using vinegar for flushing their P-valves :)

I'll look into the Tygon tubing. As long as the walls are thick/rigid enough to prevent folding/kinking it'd be great.

How about Huggies:baby:? It seems to me they would solve the possible problems that can be associated with Pee valves and, dare I say, uummm.... Hardware:eyebrow:? With all of the science and research that has been put into infant care and comfort it sounds like they could be a good alternative. Besides, Pee valves only address one biological function. Number two is still out in the cold. Don't shoot me guys, just asking. Bruce

Well first off, do they have Huggies in your size? Depends and other adult incontinence products are a different and inadequate product for this application. Huggies may be strategically placed to catch urine and do work OK when used that way. You do need to make it a slow release so the product can work. However you do end the dive needing to clean up clear to the flesh before you go to far. Admittedly this is like a wetsuit dive except I am more likely to use my drysuit when it's cold and dive site restrooms are not available. I have work arounds to all of it but with the pee valve I just unhook and complete the process at the next stop.

As for solid bowel movements, Depends would work.

This may be totally unrelated but since you broached the topic......... I have noticed over 700+ entries that with one exception that ended in a close call submersion or being in the water seems to suppress or delay the need to make a movement. Has anyone else noticed this? I know where this may lead and for the benefit of new readers I'll let someone else introduce the maneuver.

Pete

LOL!!! Yes, I too have noticed not having the urge for a bowel movement during diving, but the urge to urinate has occurred on multiple different occasions. I was just curious if the use of Huggies or similar products is practiced by some and if so what are their thoughts. As far as a BM while submerged, I think it would depend on what level of exposure protection is being used based on the dive site and conditions. Tropical conditions where one is wearing a shorty or just a bathing suit I think it would be fairly straight forward. Anything else it may be better to just void and clean up afterwards. Especially in cold water or dry suit diving. Just thinking out loud. Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom