P-Valve plumbing size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To follow up ....

The hose on my Halcyon P-valve is indeed 1/4' I.D. and 1/8" wall thickness. McMaster #: 51075K29

I ordered quick disconnects in sizes for both 1/4" hose I.D. and 3/8" hose I.D. to compare.

I will be using the quick disconnects for 3/8" hose I.D. with the 1/4" I.D. hose. Two reasons:

1) the oversize (3/8") hose barb on the fitting fits *very* snugly in the 1/4" I.D. hose, so it's less likely to come loose.

2) the bigger fittings maintains 1/4" I.D. throughout the system, whereas the smaller fitting "narrows" down considerably.

So these are the fittings I bought and will be using:

5012K68 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Socket, 1/4 Cplg, for 3/8" Tube ID, W/O Valve
McMaster-Carr
5012K83 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Socket, 1/4 Cplg, for 3/8" Tube ID, with Valve
McMaster-Carr
5012K72 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Plug, 1/4 Cplg, for 3/8" Tube ID, W/O Valve
McMaster-Carr
5012K86 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Plug, 1/4 Cplg, for 3/8" Tube ID, with Valve
McMaster-Carr

Hose:
51075K29 DURABLE NORPRENE RUBBER/PLASTIC TUBING, 1/4" ID, 1/2" OD, 1/8" WALL, BLACK
FORMULATION: A-60-G
McMaster-Carr

Henrik

To follow up ....

The hose on my Halcyon P-valve is indeed 1/4' I.D. and 1/8" wall thickness. McMaster #: 51075K29

I ordered quick disconnects in sizes for both 1/4" hose I.D. and 3/8" hose I.D. to compare.

I will be using the quick disconnects for 3/8" hose I.D. with the 1/4" I.D. hose. Two reasons:

1) the oversize (3/8") hose barb on the fitting fits *very* snugly in the 1/4" I.D. hose, so it's less likely to come loose.

2) the bigger fittings maintains 1/4" I.D. throughout the system, whereas the smaller fitting "narrows" down considerably.

5012K68 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Socket, 1/4 Cplg, for 3/8" Tube ID, W/O Valve
McMaster-Carr
5012K83 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Socket, 1/4 Cplg, for 3/8" Tube ID, with Valve
McMaster-Carr
5012K72 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Plug, 1/4 Cplg, for 3/8" Tube ID, W/O Valve
McMaster-Carr
5012K86 Acetal Quick-Disconnect Coupling Plug, 1/4 Cplg, for 3/8" Tube ID, with Valve
McMaster-Carr

Hose:
51075K29 DURABLE NORPRENE RUBBER/PLASTIC TUBING, 1/4" ID, 1/2" OD, 1/8" WALL, BLACK
McMaster-Carr

Henrik

As your buddy, TMI for me, Hernik....:rofl3::rofl3:

:hm: Real buddies might have to help him unkink his hose, IJS . . .

Laugh all you want ... you'll need to learn these things yourself soon ... Ms. Drysuit with P-valve :)

:hm: Real buddies might have to help him unkink his hose, IJS . . .

I'm all for a little kink once in awhile :D

Henrik

Laugh all you want ... you'll need to learn these things yourself soon ... Ms. Drysuit with P-valve :)
Henrik

:shocked2: Oh, crap, damn I better pay close attention and read this in detail. :shakehead:

To follow up ....

McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr

Hose:
McMaster-Carr

Henrik

Guys, I know this is an old thread but I'm about to install an OMS pee valve and want to go with this quick-disconnect system. I'm confused on why there are four different couplings listed here. It seems like only a plug and socket should be required for the QD, so why four different items?

Also, is it necessary to change out the barb connector on the pee valve body to 3/8" from 1/4" since all the other fittings are 3/8"?

Thanks for any assistance. I really don't want to screw this up!

I ordered one of each so I could mix and match and see what worked the best. I ended up using a coupling socket with valve on the P-valve side and a coupling plug without valve on the cath side.

I think it gives me the best of both worlds: the P-valve hose shuts off when I disconnect, and I can still pee without removing the cath.

I got an additional coupling plug without valve that I use with a short end of tubing to flush the P-valve after diving. I also keep some spare couplings in the save-a-dive kit, just in case.

I would leave the barb on the P-valve alone. I chose 1/4" couplings to keep the ID of everything the same all the way through. Also, by using couplings made for 3/8" tubing in 1/4" ID tubing, the connection is rock solid. No chance that the couplings slip off the tubing.

Hope this helps.

Henrik

To follow up ....

McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr
McMaster-Carr

Hose:
McMaster-Carr

Henrik

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I just recently ordered all the pee valve plumbing items from McMaster, total came to under $30 with tax and shipping.

I do have a concern about the hose, "51075K29 DURABLE NORPRENE RUBBER/PLASTIC TUBING". This feels like pretty heavy and stiff tubing compared with the transparent plastic hose that came with my OMS pee valve. Can Henrik or someone assure us that Norprene 1/2" OD tubing is really the way to go? I foresee possible routing problems due to the stiffness of this tubing. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom