P-Valve hose attachment....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Si Tech P-Valve and the original hose worked great for a few years until it died. I did not have to glue it onto the valve and it worked fine.

Now I got some Norprene hose from McMaster that most people seem to use with no problems. But the hose will not stay on for very long. I tried just pushing it over the valve barb and it will come off before I even get into the water. I then put some aquaseal on the barb and it held on for 2 or 3 dives.

What do people do to keep the hose on the valve?

You probably ordered 3/8. That's the most common size. But the SiTec might be a 1/4 barb.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Hose ID is too large as others have said. If the hose and barb are the same size it will likely be a loose fit. Also Norprene hose isn't the best, it's stiffer than need be. I use the clear tubing from McMaster, much softer, little bit more expensive.

I sent an email to Si Tech asking what the original hose size was and asking if I could buy a new hose. The response was they did not know the hose size and said they did not just sell the hose. But it sounded like a good idea and they should sell them.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2015 at 10:10 PM ----------

Do you have the part number you ordered? Then I just need to find the right size.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2015 at 10:11 PM ----------

Hose ID is too large as others have said. If the hose and barb are the same size it will likely be a loose fit. Also Norprene hose isn't the best, it's stiffer than need be. I use the clear tubing from McMaster, much softer, little bit more expensive.

Hose part number?

What about a small zip-tie?

I thought about that. But with my luck I would leave a sharp edge and it would cut a hole in my suit. But I might try it until iI can find the correct house size.

ok, look. this is simple. Go to Home Depot or Lowes, or any place that has plumbing stuff. Hell you can probably go to Petsmart in the fish section. Take the P-valve with you. Find the same size barb fitting. It'll either be 3/8, 5/16, or 1/4. Though it's Si-Tech so it's probably actually metric, so somewhere between 6mm and 10mm but the imperial sizes are close enough for a barb fitting. Buy whatever hose it says. Alternatively you can take a set of calipers *$10 at Harbor Freight, good to have around* and measure the base of one of the barbs. Either way this is a very simple exercise, takes 10 minutes at the big box hardware store of your choice, or probably 5 minutes if you have a small local one where you don't have to walk as far.

no sense in bothering with zip ties or hose clamps which won't work well and are going to be impossible to clean because urine will get between the barbs, just get the right size hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom