Question Oxygen fill whip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Using a Karcher to drive a booster?!
Think about it....
Water is so much easier to make HP because it can't compress.
Is not flammable, and can leak on the ground. Only disadvantage is you need a ram thats SS or brass.

The same thing can be done with hydraulics, (but dont use it for oxygen, unless it has 2 different rams.)

My main HP compressor at home.
Is a 6inch diameter hydraulic cylinder with a floating piston. 1cuft displacement, (at 150 psi shop air pumps approximately 10 cuft per stroke,)
Shop air is dryed, and pushes the piston, down. Hydraulic pump runs on a timer and cycles, that's how I pump 95% of all my air,
then I have my portable buaur compressor.

Attachments

• 20211127_074302.jpg
    20211127_074302.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 34
Think about it....
Water is so much easier to make HP because it can't compress.
Is not flammable, and can leak on the ground. Only disadvantage is you need a ram thats SS or brass.

The same thing can be done with hydraulics, (but dont use it for oxygen, unless it has 2 different rams.)

My main HP compressor at home.
Is a 6inch diameter hydraulic cylinder with a floating piston. 1cuft displacement, (at 150 psi shop air pumps approximately 10 cuft per stroke,)
Shop air is dryed, and pushes the piston, down. Hydraulic pump runs on a timer and cycles, that's how I pump 95% of all my air,
then I have my portable buaur compressor.
Another huge difference is high pressure liquids contain very little energy. 3000 PSI of water is only bad if you get hit with a narrowly focused stream at close range. For the most part a failed hose, O-ring, etc is just water being dumped on the ground. Even a large cylinder filled with high pressure water failing is just the water falling onto the floor. Compressed gassed have a lot of potential energy stored in them. They will take out doors, windows, lift roofs, and generally be a bomb that goes off.

The pressure washer is water cooled by the water passing through it. Air compressors are a lot trickier to cool since the compression of the gasses generates heat. Liquids don't compress, don't generate heat in the same way. There is still heat generated in the pumping of fluids, but it is more of a frictional loss. Not the compression of gasses.

Liquids don't compress, don't generate heat in the same way. There is still heat generated in the pumping of fluids, but it is more of a frictional loss. Not the compression of gasses.
Not sure about that.... you might me right. But a normally plumbed working hydraulic systems gets quite hot.
If I had to guess I would say they both have similar heat losses... 🤷‍♂️

One is friction, one is compressing.

Pretty strong words for a valve you haven't seen from a guy you don't know and a shop you've never been in. Good to be cautious, but really!
Clearly not strong enough for some folk.

Dude looked at all that 20 yrs ago

Settled on one of these gems instead

When I'm underwater breathing whatever it has pumped I almost start speaking Russian but not putin Russian

Maybe this is what you need.
Just get out your powerwasher.

You and I must have brushed past each other hanging around in the same places in the informationnet

великолепный!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom