Overnight in Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I vote for Makati, if that even matters. Hahaha! If that happens, though, I promise to drive you back to Ermita! :) It's going there in time for dinner that can be a bit crazy, is all ;P

Makati is easiest for me, but I can get to Ermita if necessary (taxi, if anyone wants to share).

But you'll be at MP when I arrive on the 23? I can shout you a beer at the craic if you're desperate :D

:D Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I've got some time away while you're here... so we might not meet depending on when you head out. My business partner David will be here taking care of everything to make sure you're well taken care of.

Hey Guys

Im going to have an evening overnight in transit for a next day morning flight. Just wanted to get some advice on what would be the best way for me to get a first time glimpse of manila. Ive narrowed down a couple of places in Ermita close to the Robinson Mall and its near the foreshore. Though my research says it is in a seedy area - what am I to expect? Is Robinsons open weeknights and until what time. Im not interested in nightlife just want to do a brief sight-see and shopping.

Also my next flight out from airport is 10.40 am so imagine I need to be there by 9am. What's the traffic jam situation. What time do I need to leave? Or should I just do plan B and stay near pasay area to avoid morning jams?

That said - anyone on this board live locally near Manila want to meet up with a diver from oz, show me around or hangout for the evening pleaes do get in touch!

Thanks

i stay at the citystate tower and have done for a few years, the newer rooms in the recently built annexe are well worth the 2200p as opposed to the 1500p cheap rooms, i always have a stroll over to robinsons for a meal and movie and occasionally the odd peep into the LA cafe, i hated manila when i first went there, but over the last few years as i have learned more about the place it has really grown on me. figure on about a 30-40 minute trip to the airport, maximum 200p in a white cab.

Hey guys Im arriving that evening and have to take off first thing in the morning so if I can save some travel time it would be better for me, otherwise I dont mind going to Makati for sure. So if you guys dont mind coming my way thats best for me. Wershwie, I dont mind making it 8pm so you have time to get there? Evie is going to book the restaurant.

As Evie said... :acclaim: I will pm my cellphone number to you all when I get to Cebu. Look forward to it! Anyone else want to come please let us know so we can book accordingly. We could end up at cafe or bar in the circle area after. magkita tayo mamaya?

bump...so anyone else want to make a social night out of this? Mon Jan 31st.

So far 3 PPD joining... so what's this barangay pasaway Im hearing about?

Just made reservations at Bistro Remedios earlier. Jan 31, Monday 20:00 4pax.
Cafe Havana beside it is open also, no live latin band though, just piped-in music, as its catering to Cafe Adriatico crowd in the meantime while Cafe Ad is undergoing repairs after the fire.
Anyone else available on said night for meet-up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom