Overdue Maui Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccrom30

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have to apologize to all the fine folks who helped us out on our recent trip to Maui. This post is WAY overdue. We were in maui april 17th to may 1st.
Our 1st dive was with Shaka Doug. Not only did he show us some amazing things, but he made 2 noobies feel comfortable. Our 1st dive was 5caves/5graves...what an awesome dive. The white tip sharks were so very cool, along with the frogfish, huge conch shell, dragon wrasse and moray eels. We saw so many turtles (12-13) towards the end of the dive it was....oh....another turtle (yawn). We also dove Ulua with him.

We dove the next day with Joe Z.(great local diver willing to show us around) at Ahihi bay, Makena landing and 5 caves (couldn't go there enough)

We also went on a scooter dive with Greg W. and Elizabeth to the St Anthony wreck...what a blast!!!! (I could scooter dive every day)

We did 5 caves again(3rd time) and also dove Old Airport.

The last dive was a trip to Lanai(Cathedrals) with Lahaina Divers (and my buddy Joe Z) Good trip, great crew. everyone got all the bottom time they needed...they even outfitted one guy with AL100 to give him more time under the water on his 2nd dive

Maui Dreams was the dive shop that we rented tanks and my buddy rented his gear from (good quality) Very friendly, great customer service.

So I want to thank (in no specific order):

Shaka Doug...Highly Recommended!
Joe Z.
Greg & Elizabeth W.
Lahaina Divers
Maui Dreams Dive Co.
Long's...for having my favorite beer on sale the whole time we were in maui

I met some wonderful people via scubaboard and hope to dive with them ALL again next year......the condo is already booked!!

chuck c.

Thats what makes this site so fun. Wow you guys really made your trip full and exciting meeting a bunch of different people. Glad you had a great time scootering to St. Anthonys! Let me know if yo have any friends that want to try it.

I was there the week of April 16th. Diving is great....did some shore dives on Palauea beach & Ulua beach with Shaka Doug....fun times for me and my son as well Molokini Crater and near Wailea Point with B&B scuba. Wish I lived in Maui. Amazing dive sites....definitely different from New England diving.

Would love to see whales but heard them talking....most amazing experience...sharks are on my list too!

-d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom