Opinions on Apollo Prestige dry snorkel and Oceanic Pocket snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the Apollo Prestige dry snorkel as well the Oceanic Pocket snorkel and am comparing the two.

Both of them are foldable and will fit in a BCD pocket.

The Oceanic has a very strong velcro-like attachment disc which I assume allows you to "disconnect" the snorkel from the mask presumably in an easy manner.

Or, should I just stick to the conventional non-foldable type. I do warm water diving and have to travel so compactness is an issue to some extent.

Any comments or feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

I prefer a pocket snorkel for scuba, because, well, I don't use a snorkel unless I'm snorkeling.

The Oceanic Pocket Snorkel is a very nice snorkel in addition to folding up to go in your pocket. It's not very small, as pocket snorkels go, however. You may want to compare the Tusa Platina II Hyperdry, which is not only one of the best snorkels made, but the tube bends so you can fold it up almost as small as the Oceanic. It's hard to beat the convenience of the velcro attachment disk the Oceanic model has, however.

The Prestige is the smallest one under discussion, but it's a very mediocre snorkel. Decide what is most important to you, and there you go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom