Opinion please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rkrk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
About to replace my Mares Axis for warm water diving and have it down to three:

1) Scubapro MK19/G260
2) Apeks XTX200
3) Aqua Lung Legend Elite

Thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Rich

The XTX200 is apparently, from what I read here, just shinier than the XTX50. Get the 50. It’s a workhorse of tech diving and you wouldn’t go wrong with it. I had a set for sidemount diving and they were very nice.

My first reg was the now discontinued AL Legend LX Supreme. Breathed excellently. So you couldn’t go wrong with the AL either.

I’ve never dived SP, although lots of fans here.

Out of the 3 , my pick would be Scubapro MK19/G260
I don't know what pricing is like in the US, but the above is the best value here.
XTX50 next ,XTX200 is a little more expensive.

Edit: XTX200.

I have the Mk19/G260 and the XTX 200. Both were tuned by rsingler....both are GREAT..can't go wrong with either. I usually dive both about the same amount of time. If you want lighter weight for travel then the Mk17evo/G260 is great as well....both the Mk19 and XTX200 are heavy. I added the fifth port to the XTX200 since I dive long hose primary and short hose OCTO....In my avatar was the Mk19/G260. If you are doing a lot of travel I would think the ScubaPro would be the way to go with servicing worldwide. I would actually say the Mk25evo/G260 for warm water and servicing might be a better choice although I prefer sealed diaphragms to pistons

I hear the Scubapro MK11/C370 is a pretty nice setup for warm water diving. That’s what my buddy got.
I bought this with 2 c370 2nds from Italy for under $500 and they breath great and is super light and compact . Keeping my atomic for cold water but love these.

About to replace my Mares Axis for warm water diving and have it down to three:

1) Scubapro MK19/G260
2) Apeks XTX200
3) Aqua Lung Legend Elite

Thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Rich
Not familiar at all with the Apeks XTX200....... I do however currently dive a 20 year old Apeks ATX200. The integrated venturi control and the cracking resistance control is the Cats Pajamas......IMHO.

eUb3Ege.jpg

Thanks for the responses so far - really helpful. Just got my wife the xtx200 (on Recc of LDS) to replace her Mares Proton and now my turn. Would be great to try them side by side but not an option.

I know I said warm water diving but living in New England - can’t totally rule out getting in up here. Thanks again!

And - I want to avoid regulator ent with my dive partner…
Thanks for the responses so far - really helpful. Just got my wife the xtx200 (on Recc of LDS) to replace her Mares Proton and now my turn. Would be great to try them side by side but not an option.

I know I said warm water diving but living in New England - can’t totally rule out getting in up here. Thanks again!

If your partner has Apeks I would go with something from the Apeks line for ease of servicing at your LDS.
The XTX200 has the FSR first stage, which has no turret. If you're single tank diving with a "classic" recreational setup, this is a great option. If down the line you're thinking of moving into different styles of diving (sidemount, doubles, etc) the XTX50 set might be a little more futureproof. This has the DST first stage.

From memory, the XTX200 second stage is the same but has a little more chrome on the cover.

The XTX50 set is about $150 cheaper.

Parts kits are the same for the two so no difference in servicing costs.

If you're not worried about the extra $150 and you're not looking at changing your diving style, get the XTX200 set to match your partner and keep the peace at home :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom