Opinion please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Leg3nd Elite is my primary go-to reg these days and it has been since I bought it a couple of years ago.
A fantastic regulator! Performs well, stable and easy to service. The Venturi lever gets a little gritty if you shore dive, because AL's tolerances are so narrow for those two plastic parts. But easy to wash out with a minor disassembly.

But since this thread is titled "Opinion please", IMO the accolades for the AL Elite DO NOT apply to the Leg3nd MBS. An expensive reg that conflates two entirely separate functions and calls it a "Master Breathing System" is an insult to divers.

IMO the accolades for the AL Elite DO NOT apply to the Leg3nd MBS. An expensive reg that conflates two entirely separate functions and calls it a "Master Breathing System" is an insult to divers.

You seem to imply that you don't like the Leg3nd MBS.

I don't like the dumbing down of our sport.

If I was forced to pick one over the other based solely on breathing I would say if the XTX200 was a 9.9 out of 10 the SP Mk19evo/260 was a 9.85 out of 10.
If I was going to be traveling around the world I would buy the ScubaPro 19evo/G260 and have rsingler adjust it and be happy for the rest of my diving
Interesting. This was super helpful. Thank you! Outside of not having gotten to test out the XTX200/breathability, the travel part has been part of what I was debating. I love Apeks and will choose them as a brand over ScubaPro any day... except for the travel part. I do love that pretty much everywhere you can find someone that deals/repairs/has parts for ScubaPro. That being said I service my own Apeks regs at this point, have gotten decently handy with repairs and will now have more than 1 full setup when I travel. So there is that. Locally the Apeks XTX200 Tungsten runs about $300-400 cheaper compared to the 19 evo/s600 or g260 (part of that is costs of swapping out ScubaPros rubber for braided hoses).

If
Interesting. This was super helpful. Thank you! Outside of not having gotten to test out the XTX200/breathability, the travel part has been part of what I was debating. I love Apeks and will choose them as a brand over ScubaPro any day... except for the travel part. I do love that pretty much everywhere you can find someone that deals/repairs/has parts for ScubaPro. That being said I service my own Apeks regs at this point, have gotten decently handy with repairs and will now have more than 1 full setup when I travel. So there is that. Locally the Apeks XTX200 Tungsten runs about $300-400 cheaper compared to the 19 evo/s600 or g260 (part of that is costs of swapping out ScubaPros rubber for braided hoses).
If the apex is that much less money then it is a no brainer. Just make sure the First stage was manufactured in 2020 or later. I am pretty sure there was a potential HP seat material issue which has been rectified. The service kit will be a different color than the older ones. I think the new ones are white paper and not to use the blue paper ones...I think..not positive

My guess is Rsinglers atomic got some water infiltration into the first stage as they most likely did not pressurize them when rinsing but that's all I got for a guess....Rob I thought you cracked open my brand new STI that was sealed? Or my wife's?

Rob I thought you cracked open my brand new STI that was sealed?
I had to go back and look at your invoice - that was more than two years ago! Completely forgot.
So @BoltSnap , I guess the answer is yes. I opened his new reg. And yes, I felt I had to polish an imperfect piston to get crisp lockup, and then refilled with lube. I guess I was a softie. I didn't charge him for the lube, lol!

If all of your Atomics don't drift a few psi, I guess you're one blessed guy.

I had to go back and look at your invoice - that was more than two years ago! Completely forgot.
So @BoltSnap , I guess the answer is yes. I opened his new reg. And yes, I felt I had to polish an imperfect piston to get crisp lockup, and then refilled with lube. I guess I was a softie. I didn't charge him for the lube, lol!

If all of your Atomics don't drift a few psi, I guess you're one blessed guy.
In all fairness to rsingler I asked him too LOL. Even with my new regs I ask him to go through them with a fine tooth comb.

I guess you're one blessed guy.
I'm just one cool perfect dude 😎

My ip gauge is always with me and I check my regs before each dive trip. SP and Atomic just lock immediately no drift or creep, just perfect like I'm ❤️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom