Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could be that any of those vaccines will never be truly effective
There's no evidence that having Covid-19 antibodies will prevent future reinfection

That's why clinical trials are done first before any medication is rolled out for public consumption.

That's why clinical trials are done first before any medication is rolled out for public consumption.

Yes, of course. I think it's likely that most covid vaccine clinical trials will achieve success in what they're aiming for. And I hope it becomes a useful tool in order to alleviate people's fears

Let us hope that the political pressure will not that strong that it influences the scientific process. The only way to alleviate fear is proper thinking.

Replace "fear" with sensible concern and masking, hand washing and distancing.

And remembering to be kind and thoughtful of those working and having to be masked up all day, whereas you the customer, only have to be masked up for a short period of time.

I saw that restaurants in my city are having to deal with nasty comments on their websites and verbal and even physical aggression in their workplaces. I also saw this today, hence my post:
Screenshot_20200920-005555_Facebook.jpg

Replace "fear" with sensible concern and masking, hand washing and distancing.

And remembering to be kind and thoughtful of those working and having to be masked up all day, whereas you the customer, only have to be masked up for a short period of time.

I saw that restaurants in my city are having to deal with nasty comments on their websites and verbal and even physical aggression in their workplaces. I also this today, hence my post: View attachment 613170
No such problem in HK. Thankfully.
Some still ignore it but the law do take care of that!

No such problem in HK. Thankfully.
Some still ignore it but the law do take care of that!

Likewise in UAE, the fines are pretty heavy if you get caught not wearing a mask

AED3,000 outside (USD816) and AED5,000 in a workplace (USD1,361).

Given the average salary of most third world country ex-pats here is below AED3,000 per month that is a great incentive to wear a mask.

Likewise in UAE, the fines are pretty heavy if you get caught not wearing a mask

AED3,000 outside (USD816) and AED5,000 in a workplace (USD1,361).

Given the average salary of most third world country ex-pats here is below AED3,000 per month that is a great incentive to wear a mask.

How is it working with regard to spread?

How is it working with regard to spread?

There's been an increase again since Eid Al Adha when muppets decided that social distancing did not apply, and other idiots who have been holding large family weddings when groups of five are the limit!

COVID-19: UAE announces 809 new coronavirus cases, 722 recoveries and 1 death

There are insufficient medical facilities in many places to deal with normal life in many countries so it's better to avoid catching this disease in the first place.

I don't need a vaccine (am not against vaccines, but also never took influenza vaccines), I just want the life before march 2020 back. Fly around the world without any limitations. I am not afraid of getting ill. Sweden used the best policy. There is also written in several newspapers that the virus already mutated into mild(er). You also see it here, lot of (false) positives, but hospitals empty. I know people who are in riskgroups, but still want a normal life back and see it just as a minimal risk.
I don't know any person that got it and died. I only know 1 that got it, but he is already diving again. I think we must accept this small risk and restart the economics worldwide.
In my country is calculated that the years of life saved are 14.000 till 23.000, but the years lost are 100.000 till 400.000.
De andere rekening van de coronazorg: ‘Door uitgestelde zorg gingen 100 tot 400 duizend levensjaren verloren’

I think this is also the same in other countries. In Germany you had in may already more suicides than normally in 1 year. Also we see here patients that could not get helped with cancer and heartproblems that died because everything is corona. The balance is wrong I think.

I cannot wait till we can fly around the world without any limitation again. I have plans enough.
Bali is still on the list. But also Egypt, Mexico.

Oh Germie, we all want that.

Back
Top Bottom