Open Water the MOVIE...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
dude, if my wife and i were in that situation, the sharks couldn't come fast
enough for me... she'd probably kill me first anyway

Classic!!!!
I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think i'd rather go get some teeth pulled rather than see the full length.

JAG

benncool:
If I was on the dive boat with her, I would have noticed her missing.

Me too. In fact, she's probably the ONLY reason I would even consider going to see this. Does the fact that it's an Indie film mean that it will probably only be shown in Indie theaters?

And if you're worried about it giving us divers a bad rap, it couldn't be any worse than Finding Nemo was. LOL

Well, I don't think I could stand an hour and a half of hearing him scream like a whiny lil *****...

ScubaTexan:
Me too. In fact, she's probably the ONLY reason I would even consider going to see this. Does the fact that it's an Indie film mean that it will probably only be shown in Indie theaters?

And if you're worried about it giving us divers a bad rap, it couldn't be any worse than Finding Nemo was. LOL
It was made as an indie film, but picked up by a major distributor - Lion's Gate Films. It will probably go into a limited initial release (some major markets), then more general release if the audience is there to support it.

You can bet it will get to DVD by XMas, and it looks more like NetFlix fodder than blowing my $8 on big screen tix. When the DVD arrives, get a bunch of SB'ers and have a party to jeer... :eyebrow:

It looks a bit hookie to me but what do I know. When I watched the trailer I keep wondering where the safety Sauage and whistle was then I thought about how being whiney

i have an idea for another lost at sea movie.

in this one, one DIR and one PADI diver, both Scubaboard members, get lost at sea.

at first, they hate each other, and the PADI dude has the
advantage when he attacks the DIR girl with a huge,
calf-strapped dive knife whilst the DIR girl has to defend
herself with her little line cutter, but then, the DIR girl
uses her light canister to bang the PADI dude over the head,
so they declare a truce...

so they start to like each other, and pretty soon, they
realize that, hey, man, it's all like, one ocean! and we're like,
all in it together, man... and they fall in love.

then the boat finds them, and they get married, and they
have lots of little diving children. but they still cant agree
on which system the children will dive, so they take turns
every weekend until the kids hit 18 and figure out what
setup they want.

the end

GeekDiver:
When I watched the trailer I keep wondering where the safety Sausage and whistle were then I thought about how being whiney

I had the same thoughts. It sounded kind of interesting to me until I saw the trailer. If this is the best they could pull of of the movie, you couldn't pay me to see the thing.

why the hell does no one start looking into the most horrible and interesting dive experience of that ROUSSE's Father and Son Team that tragicially died trying to rescue one another...would that not be a good film material ??? Plus $ 1.00 for every ticket sold could go to the Rousse's fund for divers in need...!!!
Hopefully someone with some influence reads that, i think this would make a great movie...the book was awesome

got4boyz:
http://members.streetwise.com/openwater/

This is a link to a trailer for the movie Open Water based on a true story about a couple who are left behind by their dive boat.

Does anyone have any idea on when and where this happened?

I can't get this link to work...any ideas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom