Open water movie ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never seen the it, but my Mom watched this movie and started freaking out about my diving. She was really worried until I told her about safety procedures and showed her some actual diving videos.

I might have to watch it just to laugh at how absurd it actually is.

Although I was not impressed by the content I try to keep things in perspective. And, like almost every other movie that comes out of Hollywood, it is for "entertainment" purposes and not to my analyzed by "experts" in the field of whatever the movie is about.

We can all agree that the acting was pathetic why not just leave it at that?

Wow?! :11: Look at how many admit to watching it...?!

Don, unless you heard from someone who saw it first, how would you know not to go see it? I saw it when it first came out in the theater. While folks are complaining about the poor acting, the writing and editing was much worse. Did anyone else notice the film was actually flipped over at one point during the diving showing the LPI in the right and the regs on the left?

dont beat me up too bad but i bought it when it first came out on dvd.im a union electrician(ibew 934)and spend a fair amount of time out of town working.i get bored in hotels so i buy a lot of movies.looked good on the box lol.had it in my wifes yard sale for 2 years.still got it.

I went to rent that movie, and the guy at the blockbuster counter said it was the worst movie he'd ever seen. I figured he must have seen some really bad ones working at blockbuster, so I took his word and put it back. About a year later, a friend of mine got it as a gag gift because she had recently taken up diving, so she lent it to me and I watched it. It did suck, but it was definitely not the worst movie I've ever seen. In fact, we could start a whole thread of movies that were worse. Here's one, and it almost won an academy award, Moulin Rouge.

To me, watching an amateurish somewhat boring movie is not NEARLY as bad as watching a huge, pretentious, overblown idiot-fest.
Waaaay OT here, but the WORST movie ever made had to be "Cat in the Hat." Not only was it impossible to watch, but it broke the DVD drive in my PowerBook!

Don, unless you heard from someone who saw it first, how would you know not to go see it?
Okay, I read about it on SB before it became available to rent here.

Back
Top Bottom