Open water movie ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a bet going with my friend about the movie Open Water and i can't seem to find the answer. It said it was filmed only on weekends and holidays. How long did it take to film from beginning to end?? On the special features I thought it said like 2 1/2 to 3 years. But I don't wanna go rent it again. Anyone know??? Thanks

Milt

I have a bet going with my friend about the movie Open Water and i can't seem to find the answer. It said it was filmed only on weekends and holidays. How long did it take to film from beginning to end?? On the special features I thought it said like 2 1/2 to 3 years. But I don't wanna go rent it again. Anyone know??? Thanks

Milt

More like two hours.....

Worst and most fake/lousy movie ever produced!!!

Even the **true facts** where fiction!!

Sorry my friend...... what a waste of film!!!!:11:

Why rent it...you can probably BUY it for less than you can rent it at anyplace that sells used DVD's!

Yeah...except for the gratuitous nudity it was a waste! (and that wasn't even that great)

More like two hours.....

Worst and most fake/lousy movie ever produced!!!

Even the **true facts** where fiction!!

Sorry my friend...... what a waste of film!!!!:11:

agreed. Worst and most fake. Nothing about it was realistic. I can't believe people actually paid money to go see it. The only reason I saw it was it was on tv recently and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Nots of non-divers out there raved about it. :rofl3:

robint got it right: (L)ots of non-divers thought it was great. It's like when I see these movies or programs where they try to portray construction workers in general. I was in the union constrution trades as a commercial and industrial electrician for about 40 years and get a pain in my a** when I see it going on. They haven't got a clue. (Since you asked, IBEW 683 Col's, Ohio.)

From imdb.com

"Blanchard Ryan and Daniel Travis spent over 120 hours in the water over the course of production."

"Filmed on weekends and holidays with a crew that usually consisted of two or three people."

No mention of timespan though.

Cheers.

-J.-

If the movie was what they KEPT out of 120 hours of work, I'd hate to see what got left on the cutting room floor.

Worst movie ever made.

As much as this movid sucked... and it Did suck.. .they actually made money on it. It cost nothing to make (like 100 grand and the sold it to a film production company for a couple million. go figure....)

You know they made a sequel to it don't you?

If you thought the first one sucked, luckily this one didn't make it to many theaters....

Open Water 2: Adrift (2006)

10m.jpg

Back
Top Bottom