Open water movie ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The movie did have a happy ending. I just wish after sitting through it everyone who had anything to do with the movie met the same fate and the film was shortened to about 30 secs. I'm glad I caught it on tv and didn't waste any money on it.

:cheering::jaws::cheering: I was cheering for the sharks the whole time.

I have a bet going with my friend about the movie Open Water and i can't seem to find the answer. It said it was filmed only on weekends and holidays. How long did it take to film from beginning to end?? On the special features I thought it said like 2 1/2 to 3 years. But I don't wanna go rent it again. Anyone know??? Thanks

Milt

Who cares??? :headshake:

Whatever wound up on the cutting room floor, it wasn't nearly enough. The "good" parts of that movie could be compiled into a Bud lite commercial for the Superbowl.

Whatever wound up on the cutting room floor, it wasn't nearly enough. The "good" parts of that movie could be compiled into a Bud lite commercial for the Superbowl.

The best part of the whole movie was in the begining when they were on the boat gearing up. I actually started getting excited as if I were going on a dive. :)

They should have wrote "The End" after that. :(

I liked it! The parts on the boat and a few minutes in the in the water would make an excellent training video with a little editing.

There are all sorts of demonstrations good for teaching buddy skills, navigation, situational awareness, personal safety equipment and boat procedures.

Terry

I went to rent that movie, and the guy at the blockbuster counter said it was the worst movie he'd ever seen. I figured he must have seen some really bad ones working at blockbuster, so I took his word and put it back. About a year later, a friend of mine got it as a gag gift because she had recently taken up diving, so she lent it to me and I watched it. It did suck, but it was definitely not the worst movie I've ever seen. In fact, we could start a whole thread of movies that were worse. Here's one, and it almost won an academy award, Moulin Rouge.

To me, watching an amateurish somewhat boring movie is not NEARLY as bad as watching a huge, pretentious, overblown idiot-fest.

:D
As much as this movid sucked... and it Did suck.. .they actually made money on it. It cost nothing to make (like 100 grand and the sold it to a film production company for a couple million. go figure....)

You know they made a sequel to it don't you?

If you thought the first one sucked, luckily this one didn't make it to many theaters....

Open Water 2: Adrift (2006)

10m.jpg

The second one wasn't that bad. It had McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy...naked... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom