One spot available in Nautilus Belle Amie May 11-19, 2021 $400 off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Tesoro Los Cabos

86CF70BB-E17A-45BD-8135-060BCFDD8822.jpeg

Dan. My worry isn’t getting covid but rather a false positive with no option for retesting. Granted a low risk but possible none the less.

Thanks for the Tesoro info.

I understand. I haven’t heard much about people getting false positive.

Nautilus would test us for free coming & going. That would safe me some bucks.

Thanks for the Tesoro info.

I understand. I haven’t heard much about people getting false positive.

Nautilus would test us for free coming & going. That would safe me some bucks.

“The FDA reminds clinical laboratory staff and health care providers about the risk of false positive results with all laboratory tests. Laboratories should expect some false positive results to occur even when very accurate tests are used for screening large populations with a low prevalence of infection. Health care providers and clinical laboratory staff can help ensure accurate reporting of test results by following the authorized instructions for use of a test and key steps in the testing process as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including routine follow-up testing (reflex testing) with a molecular assay when appropriate, and by considering the expected occurrence of false positive results when interpreting test results in their patient populations.”

You got me curious about the statistics of getting false positive of this antigen test. So, I called Nautilus Vancouver Head Office (+1 604-241-1918) about this and here is what they say:
1. They start doing it this coming Saturday and would start collecting such data.
2. We will be tested both ways.
3. Antigen is highly accurate test. The result will be sent to your email in 2 hours.
4. If you get false positive, you can retake the test or even take the PCR test.

By May they will have enough data and course of action for false positive and actual positive results. For the latter, I have DiveAssure travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related medical expenses including quarantine cost.

You guys worry too much. If you follow the protocols, treat everyone as if they have the virus, you’ll be fine. I went to Cocos last month and to Socorro last week on the same boat that we are going to be on in May. Everyone was fine. We wore masks whenever we were in < 6’ distance with each other while in the boat. The guests were split into 2 groups at different meal time to keep the dining room 10 guests or less.

Thanks Dan, these are great protocols to prevent getting/spreading Covid, but this isn't really my biggest concern. It's the possibility of getting hung up and not being able to fly out. I'm hoping by May, some of these restrictions might be relaxed.

Another consideration is what happens to you if I test positive? Would you be required to quarantine for a specific number of days? All questions I've never considered until now.

If it seems I'm being paranoid, I am. I really don't want to hung up because of testing requirements to leave....

Thanks Dan, these are great protocols to prevent getting/spreading Covid, but this isn't really my biggest concern. It's the possibility of getting hung up and not being able to fly out. I'm hoping by May, some of these restrictions might be relaxed.

Another consideration is what happens to you if I test positive? Would you be required to quarantine for a specific number of days? All questions I've never considered until now.

If it seems I'm being paranoid, I am. I really don't want to hung up because of testing requirements to leave....
I honestly believe if you arrive covid free, with the precautions in place, you will leave covid free. It remains to be seen what countries abroad will do, or what Biden will do, be here if there was any question about the test, we would retest, ideally with a PCR but I think an arguement can be made for a repeat antigen test.

Well, I have 2 data points, going to Cocos last month and to Socorro last week. No one (neither the guests, nor the crews from both trips) has contracted the virus. Knock on wood.

I’ll get 2 more data points in February (going to Belize for a week in a resort) and in March (going to Maldives on 2 back-to-back 10-night liveaboard trips). So, I’ll be very very cautious in not contracting the virus as I want to go back to Socorro in May with you guys.

And your February trip will be a trial run for the testing requirements to leave, since you didn't have to do that for the first 2 data points....

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom